Adjuncts- Business Communication
Job Category Adjunct
Posting Number M01006
Department Management and Marketing
Reports To Dean, School of Business and Technology
Point of Contact Christine Brown
Teaching two Business Communication courses. One meets in the morning twice a week and the other in the evening twice a week during the Spring 2019 semester.
MGT 291 focuses on the skills and approaches people in the business environment must have to communicate effectively at work. Emphasizes writing in a variety of formats, preparing and delivering business presentations, writing in teams, negotiating and interpersonal communication skills, and spending 40 percent of one's time with every writing/speaking assignment engaged in editing and revision. Requires successful demonstration in the use of today's technology to communicate with a variety of business audiences. Knowledge of PowerPoint required.
NOTE : The course is writing intensive but successful candidate will be trained before classes begin.
• MBA or Advanced Degree in Communication
• Three to Five Years related Professional Work Experience
• Experience Teaching Business communication at an Institution of Higher Education
Special Notes to Applicants
Position is for Spring 2019.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The university's location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nation's capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Percent of total time 75
Responsibility / Duty
Percent of total time 25
Responsibility / Duty
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a Master's degree or Doctorate in the area of teaching for which you are submitting an application?
- * For undergraduate teaching, do you have experience in a supporting field? OR For graduate teaching, do you have specific industry/organizational experience?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts