Part-Time Mechanical Assessment Administrator
Job ID 601871
Location Green Bay
Full/Part Time Part-Time
Salary Grade: PTF
Reports To: Manager, CTED
Position #: 07100280
LOCATION: Northeast Wisconsin (Travel required throughout NWTC District)
HOURS: NWTC is looking for an individual to call upon as needed; work times will vary. Flexibility required, as hours will be based on project demand
STARTING RATE OF PAY: Minimum starting of $22.87/hour
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307- 9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
NWTC will provide the successful candidate with training by Scientific Management Techniques Inc. in the mechanical skills assessment and reporting methodology. The assessment tool is offered as a service for employers and is used to identify mechanical skills and competencies when hiring Maintenance Professionals, Machine Operators, Electro-Mechanical Personnel, Assemblers and Technicians. Ability to travel throughout NWTC District and occasional overnight travel is required, as well as flexibility in scheduling. Mechanical experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Work collaboratively with key personnel to recommend appropriate mechanical assessment
- Prepare mechanical equipment and tools for testing
- Clearly communicate assessment objectives and requirements
- Communicate confidential assessment results impacting hiring decisions and career pathways
- Schedule and administer assessments for employers
- Maintain and properly store mechanical equipment and tools
- Keep accurate results records, upholding the standards and guidelines of Scientific Management Techniques Inc.
- Travel with equipment and tools
- Support Corporate Training and Economic Development team
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Competency Statements (s)
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate degree or equivalent
Experience: Five years industrial, mechanical or manufacturing occupational experience
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
Microsoft Office Suite, keyboarding.
N - Not Applicable
O - Occasionally - up to 33 percent of the time or 0 to 2.5 hours per day
F - Frequently - 33 to 66 percent of the time or 2.5 - 5.5 hours per day
C - Constantly - more than 66 percent of the time or more than 5.5 hours per day
10 lbs or less
Handling / Fingering
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.