Associate State Director – Kansas Small Business Development Center (R-01357)
Position Description: Associate State Director
Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master's degree preferred. Expert level skills with math, computer system logic, databases and financial modeling, as well as strong language skills,
Appointment Date: January, 2019
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
Summary - Manage Kansas SBDC Finance (including federal and state grants; sub-recipient contracts and vendor contract, operating expense spending to include compliance with federal/state/university policies on spending), Technology Deployment (Client and Trainee planning, tracking and reporting - Neoserra; CRM/Project Management system deployment; and various performance models), and Performance (planning, tracking, and reporting of program outcome; goal management; impact; and ROI), and.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ensures Kansas SBDC lead center and regional staff comply with federal and state statutes and regulations related to cash management. Financial and performance reporting, and related efforts, and works with the state director to implement corrections and systematic solutions to problems identified.
Kansas SBDC specific responsibilities:
- Processes quarterly requests for reimbursement, program income and funding stream reports
- Prepares semi-annual and annual SBA financial reports
- Participates in and guides annual SBA Cooperative Agreement Proposal planning and preparation
- Performs annual regional financial prep and on-site reviews, with follow-up write-up
- Direct the coordination and preparation of annual sub-grant contracts
- Plans and coordinates annual impact and satisfaction (Docking Study) ROI calculation and distribution of final reports and trend sheets.
- Prepares SBA/Other funder impact reporting
- Direct continued deployment of Neoserra expert (Client and Training Tracking/Reporting system) and the new CRM
- Guide use of technology in the delivery of SBDC services across the state of Kansas.
- Supports team meetings and events (legislative day, E&E awards, semi-annual team meetings, directors meetings, monthly team conference calls…)
- Coordinates SBA annual site reviews and SBA financial examinations
- Maintains Kansas SBDC policies, standards and procedures related to finance and performance management and reporting
- Keep/manage the “Big Picture” on systems and data
- Maintains comprehensive electronic (and paper files as needed) for the Kansas SBDC – may include SharePoint management
- Maintains and annually upgrades the Kansas SBDC Personnel and Production model, including interfaces to the annual budget model.
Ensure client confidentiality across the Kansas SBDC.
Develops and implements the overall performance management function, including the identification of appropriate performance criteria and measures that are aligned to organizational objectives.
Designs, implements, and monitors programmatic performance appraisal tools and processes.
Develops and monitors processes to help the Kansas SBDC management team recognize and addressing poor performance.
Consults with managers on development strategies including mentoring and training.
Provides coaching to regional managers and consultants on effective performance management tactics and systems.
Analyzes and reports performance results to the management team
Works closely with statewide and regional hosts, especially related to program finances and administration
Supports, and as needed, manages statewide projects (i.e. veterans, Jobs Bill…)
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Greg Panichello
Email: [email protected]
About the Department: Kansas SBDC is the statewide administrator of the Small Business Development Center program. Offices are located near the capital (Topeka)
About Fort Hays State University:
Founded in 1902, FHSU is a leading, forward-thinking university of the Midwest, with student enrollment of more than 15,500 (including 4,500+ on the Hays campus, a unique China partnership program with enrollment of 4,000 students, and Virtual College enrollment at over 7,000). Over 400 faculty and more than 500 professional and staff support and guide degree and certificate programs for the associate’s, bachelor's, and master's programs, and for the Doctorate of Nursing Practice, representing 31 departments within these academic divisions:
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- W.R. and Yvonne Robbins College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- College of Education
- College of Health and Behavioral Sciences
- Peter Werth College of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
- Graduate School
Fort Hays State University provides exceptional opportunities for students from Kansas, the region, and the world, and the University attracts goal-oriented students who want premier learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom combined with one-to-one attention and support. FHSU students graduate with the knowledge, professional skills, and confidence to have a competitive edge in their chosen careers. Upon graduation, 95% of FHSU students find a job or placement in graduate school.
About Hays, Kansas:
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.