Academic Support Center Coordinator – Science (Tenure-Track)
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Center for Learning Resources, Library, Media, and Instructional Technology
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Academic Support Center Coordinator – Science will participate in the supervision and coordination of providing tutorial serves in the Academic Support Center of Westchester Community College. Responsibilities include the assessment of student skills and the subsequent placement of students in an appropriate academic setting. The ideal candidate must be willing to work evenings (as assigned), weekends and will:
- Serve as a liaison to science faculty
- Train tutors in policies and procedures of the unit
- Recruit, hire, and evaluate science tutors
- Apply assessment concepts
- Creates the scheduling and coordination of science tutors
- Keep accurate records of academic services provided to students
- Provide written reports on the effectiveness of science tutoring for program review and other college information needs
- Research and develop innovative materials for tutorial services that promote student success
- Perform other duties, as required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Working knowledge and/or applied teaching methodologies of Biology, Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry and Nutrition is required. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing. They must also be able to work as part of a team. Sensitivity to the diverse needs of the community college student population is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree and three years of experience in academic support services are strongly preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Spring 2019
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $55,418 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send resumes, cover letters, references and copies of transcripts to: [email protected]. Please indicate CODE:IHE “Academic Support Center Coordinator - Science” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building- Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by December 7, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.