Program Assistant I
Functional Areas: Academic Affairs
Department: Faculty Teaching Excellence Program
Requisition Number: 13882
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 14-Nov-2018
The Faculty Teaching Excellence Program (FTEP) and President’s Teaching Scholars Program (PTSP) is seeking an experienced Program Assistant. This position acts as an assistant to the program Director in meeting the daily operations, needs and mission of the campus teaching programs: FTEP and PTSP.
Who We Are
The Faculty Teaching Excellence Program (FTEP) strategically supports the CU Boulder faculty and post-doctoral professionals in implementing the most effective, evidence-based classroom practices to facilitate engaged student learning. The Faculty Teaching Excellence Program is founded on the principles that there is no one right way to teach, that teaching and learning are reciprocal processes, and that good teaching is rarely innate, but is rather a learned skill. The program offers a variety of symposia, short courses, and one-on-one consultation services throughout the year, available to all CU Boulder faculty members.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Student Associate Management
- Recruit, train, and supervise student staff.
- Maintain correspondence, event data entry, website revisions, copyright permissions, copying, filing, and document preparation for all faculty events.
- Design, develop, and implement office procedures.
- Manage budgets.
- Ensure purchases are made within procurement card guidelines.
- Process reallocation to correct FOPPS using knowledge of UCB Accounting.
- Execute Purchase Orders; purchase equipment and supplies; negotiate contracts, etc.
- Complete Budget Journal Entries.
- Recommend budget changes for fiscal year including planning to support new programs.
- Forecast budget needs based on full understanding of management concerns and program growth.
- Coordinate all program operations; determine, design, and implement procedures to ensure efficient, effective results.
- Coordinate program events, services, conferences and institutes.
- Supervise location selection, scheduling, catering, IT services and equipment, registrations, and evaluations.
- Organize and distribute faculty client requests.
- Maintain, coordinate, and develop program calendar of events.
- Determine Director’s calendar and travel.
- Prioritize requests; resolve conflicts; and direct internal and external communications.
- Determine effective use of advertising to ensure program efficacy.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $50,000, depending on experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Must be a Colorado resident.
- Four years administrative or clerical experience.
- Expertise in Mac operating system and programs, Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps, and Adobe.
What You Will Need
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superior organization skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with expense and procurement software programs such as Concur and Marketplace.
- Experience working in higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Please apply by November 14, 2018.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer