NCWIT Internal Evaluator
Areas of Intereset: Research
Functional Areas: College of Engineering & Applied Science
Requisition Number: 13597
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Posting Close Date: 15-Nov-2018
This position will work within the existing evaluation structure for NCWIT resources, programs, social media and the website, and provide additional evaluation structure in keeping with NCWIT’s mission and overall evaluation plan. Evaluation findings will be used to improve NCWIT programs and resources and inform the organization’s strategies. Along with other members of the social science team, this position helps to keep the entire organization data-focused. Job duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Adherence to/Development of the evaluation plan for each project.
- Systematic collection of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Tracking data in keeping with the evaluation plan for each project.
- Analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Working closely with NCWIT program staff and collaborators to ensure evaluation findings are communicated clearly and incorporated into program improvement.
- Interacting professionally with collaborators and NCWIT staff.
- Providing regular reports to the NCWIT Director of Evaluation.
Who We Are
The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT), a national non-profit organization based at the University of Colorado at Boulder, seeks a professional evaluator to supplement the current evaluation team. This is a fulltime, telecommute-friendly position.
NCWIT works to increase women's meaningful participation in technology and computing by leveraging the efforts of organizations across the country through sharing research- and evidence-based practices for recruiting, retaining and advancing girls and women in computing. These shared NCWIT resources and the various NCWIT programs that spread awareness and increase women’s participation are all evaluated by the NCWIT evaluation team.
What You Should Know
Candidates do not need to be located in the Boulder, CO, area, but do need to be living within the United States.
What We Can Offer
A telecommute-friendly work environment surrounded by motivated, intelligent, caring colleagues committed to social justice.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Master's degree in a related social science field.
What You Will Need
- Formal training in evaluation (or equivalent job-based experience).
- Background in education, organizational change, social sciences or other related field.
- Comfort working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in mixed methods approaches, including surveys, interviews and focus groups.
- Advanced skills in MS Office software and various sharing platforms (e.g., Google docs, DropBox, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in statistical analysis.
- Proficiency and independence using both quantitative and qualitative analysis software (e.g., SPSS, R, NVivo, Dedoose).
- Familiarity with culturally sensitive approaches to evaluation.
- Proven success in planning, prioritization, organization and self-direction.
- Professional interpersonal skills (strong verbal and written communications).
- Superb analytical skills.
- Outstanding writing skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
The ideal candidate for this position will also have:
- Evidence of commitment to social equity issues
- Grounding in critical race theory and/or feminist theory
- Data visualization skills
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter.
- Proof of Degree - this can be a transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- You will need to submit 3 references for this position. These individuals will be contacted and asked to submit a letter of recommendation at a later time. This information will be kept confidential.
Full consideration will be given to all applications submitted before November 6. Those who advance to the next stage will be asked for additional materials, and interviews will happen at a later stage.
Posting Contact Name: Wendy DuBow
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer