Dean's Office Administrative Assistant III
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Libraries
Department: Library Administration
Requisition Number: 12299
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 08-Aug-2018
The Library Administration welcomes applications for a Administrative Assistant III in the Dean's Office. This position is a full-time administrative support position that provides a full range of support for the Dean of the Libraries office and the Center for Research Data and Digital Scholarship (CRDDS). The position is the initial contact for visitors to the Dean's Office and supports CRDDS. The incumbent reports directly to the Executive Assistant for the Deans but interacts with a wide range of staff, faculty, students, alumni, and community members. Work often involves essential tasks of front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals and requires active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills. this position works to understand and assist Libraries Human Resources staff with a variety of tasks.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder Libraries are a dynamic partner in creating, disseminating, and advancing scholarship. We inspire learning, research, and discovery by connecting knowledge, information, and people.
We are the heart of higher education, providing essential scholarly resources, user-centered services, and inclusive spaces to the University, local, and global communities.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Enter time and simple data entries into Human Capital Management (HCM) system.
- Serve as back up to Personnel Manager and Libraries HR Specialist when HCM approvals are needed.
- Using access to HCM, maintain organizational charts, phone lists, retirees list, distribution lists, business cards, and assists with requests for employee data.
- Serve as primary receptionist for Libraries Dean's Office.
- Greet and direct visitors; answer and direct phone calls; distribute incoming mail, and track internal documents for signatures.
- Manage domestic issues for the office including coffee, candy basket, and refreshments for visitors.
- Handle wide variety of queries from a variety of constituents and must direct to appropriate location using a detailed knowledge of the building and organization.
CRDDS Administrative Assistant
- Manage the CRDDS email account by triaging email questions to the appropriate director, posts and approves events in multiple calendaring systems, coordinates CRDDS listserv.
- Post weekly event calendar and liaises with building management.
- Work with events coordinator for all Center events.
- Act as liaison between CRDDS and the Communications Manager to coordinate content, design, and production for events, exhibits, etc.
- Act as central point to approve room reservation requests for Norlin conference room booking and approves CRDDS room reservations using Outlook.
Maintain Front Desk Procedure Manual
- Train staff and student workers on front desk procedures so they have the ability to fill in for the receptionist.
- Create, update, and maintain Front Desk Procedure Manual.
What We Can Offer
The starting salary for this position is $42,336, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Must be a Colorado resident.
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong commitment to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding environment, balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to anticipate and address potential problems.
- Computer proficiency (especially Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of and experience using HCM or similar systems.
- Experience working with faculty and staff.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer