Administrative Assistant II
Areas of Intereset: Finance and Accounting
Functional Areas: Finance & Business Strategy
Department: Bursars Office
Requisition Number: 14335
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 13-Nov-2018
The Bursar's Office is now welcoming applications for a Administrative Assistant II. This position exists to assist constituents contacting the Bursar's Office in person, by phone, and in writing and is focused on delivering high-quality service. This position will manage Bursar e-mails and special projects as assigned, such as coordinating the flow of tuition dispute petitions, researching lost refund checks, creating documents for international students, and assisting faculty/staff with the tuition waiver benefit program. The position will be analyzing student's billing accounts and will be using all tools available to Student Billing in order to research and troubleshoot as necessary. This position will interact with constituents on behalf of the university and provides information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests via phone, e-mail, and in person by interpreting tuition and fee accounts utilizing ISIS, CUBill&Pay, spreadsheets, and departmental websites.
Who We Are
The mission of the Bursar’s Office at the University of Colorado Boulder is to efficiently enable and assist students and departments in meeting their financial obligations, with a focus on financial integrity and accountability. The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the management of key university financial resources and records, and acts as a central collection point for university receipts.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Interact with constituents on behalf of the university and provides information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests via phone, e-mail, and in person by interpreting tuition and fee accounts utilizing ISIS, CUBill&Pay, spreadsheets, and departmental websites.
- Handle and resolve complaints by obtaining and evaluating all relevant information.
- Educate constituents on how to view and print bills and how to make payments.
- Provide input for continuous process improvement.
- Share responsibility for management of Bursar e-mail process by deciphering and researching information, completely and accurately responding to customers, transferring identified emails to pertinent departments and using consistent language in compliance with FERPA.
- Research accounts on CU-SIS, CUBill&Pay, PeopleSoft, and other systems as needed. Check departmental websites for information before responding to the customer. Create email templates for more efficient and consistent information.
- Provide quality control when others are answering emails.
- Coordinate document management for Student Billing.
- Proof bill estimator values for accuracy as it is updated.
What You Should Know
- 1% Position
- Anticipated schedule:
- 40 hours/week during January-mid February and August-mid September.
- May be asked to work additional shifts, attend training, and all staff meetings throughout the year.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $16.38/hour (adjusted for 1% position).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
- Must be a current Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Empathetic to customer situation to balance customer needs with that of the organization.
- Stress tolerance.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Higher Education experience.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Finance familiarity.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1.A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2.A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3.DD-214 for veteran applicants.
a.Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
4.If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 11/11 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer