Instructor in Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Areas of Intereset: Faculty/Instruction
Functional Areas: Leeds School of Business
Department: Leeds School of Business
Requisition Number: 14323
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Faculty
The Division of Business Ethics and Social Impact (BESI) within the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder is seeking two full-time instructors (non-tenure-track) with expertise in business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Successful candidates will engage students and faculty from diverse disciplines and actively participate in curriculum development and other programmatic initiatives that encourage curiosity and creativity within learning and research.
The appointments begin in August 2019. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on the University of Colorado pay scale, with potential for multi-year contracts.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado at Boulder, and the city of Boulder, offers a rich intellectual, cultural, recreational, and family-friendly environment. The economy of the Front Range of Colorado is strong, and private support for the University and the Leeds School is increasing steadily, as evidenced by our new programs and solid MBA program. The University of Colorado and the Leeds School of Business are nationally recognized for the excellence of our faculty, programs, and students. By joining the Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics Division, you will be part of a collegial and productive group of scholars with the highest standards of research and teaching excellence.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Job responsibilities include:
- Teaching courses that cover such topics as markets, ethics and social responsibility, and their fundamental impact on business and society
- Developing instructional materials and engaging in service activities within the school.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
We seek candidates who have a demonstrated record of teaching excellence with innovative pedagogy that is informed by both business and research experience. Must have a strong academic background. As such, the ideal candidate must have:
- A PhD degree or equivalent doctorate degree in business, economics, public policy, sustainability, international affairs, philosophy or related fields. JD and EdD degrees will be considered with relevant business experience.
- Demonstrated experience with innovative teaching approaches, such as class simulations and online software platforms, among others.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Taught at least two courses at university level in the fields of business, ethics, social responsibility, and broader multidisciplinary issues of related history and current context.
- Priority will be given to candidates with substantial business experience and to candidates with research background in related fields.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as student evaluations or teaching portfolios
- Contact information for at least 3 references
- Upon invitation from the search committee, candidates may be requested to submit letters of recommendation at a later time. This information will be kept confidential and viewable only by the search committee.
The search will remain open until filled. The appointments begin in August 2019.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer