Advance Practice Nurse
Areas of Intereset: Healthcare
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Wardenburg Health Center
Requisition Number: 14269
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 19-Nov-2018
Wardenburg Health Services welcomes applications for an Advance Practice Nurse. This is a professional position involving the practice of medicine/advanced nursing as a member of the staff of Medical Services (MS), within the division of Health and Wellness. Duties are performed in accordance with:
- Established standards and ethics of medical and nursing practice.
- Personal qualifications.
- The administrative policies and operational procedures of Medical Services.
Who We Are
Our staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU-Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations. The Medical Clinic is a fast-paced and student-centered clinic, providing many opportunities for growth through professional collaboration and continuing education. We flex with the academic calendar, which provides natural ebbs and flows to the pace of clinic work, and many opportunities to support students throughout their university journey. We provide a wide range of health care services for students including but not limited to: primary care for acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, physicals, sexually transmitted infection prevention, testing and treatment, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care. We enjoy the many benefits of working on CU-Boulder’s dynamic campus with a generally young and healthy population, and many opportunities to promote health and wellness for a lifetime.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Perform thorough and accurate medical evaluations and design a treatment plan in accordance with medical guidelines and standards.
- This involves communicating with and educating patients regarding their medical condition, follow-up care, and preventive measures.
- Prepare and maintain thorough, accurate, and clear medical records, which justify the diagnoses, treatment(s) and billing codes.
- Maintain appropriate use of Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy, as well as other ancillary services in clinical decision making in accordance with the standard practice of medicine.
- Readily seek appropriate consultation for unusual or unresponsive cases while following established referral procedures.
- Participate with other staff nurse practitioners and physicians sharing a proportionate patient load and clinical responsibilities.
Continuing Education and Updating of Credentials
- Participate in accredited continuing medical education to acquire and maintain the professional knowledge and skills needed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintain current and appropriate nurse practitioner credentials including a Colorado Nursing License, prescriptive authority (including annually updated articulated plan, National Certification and DEA registration.
- Participate in the implementation of the Medical Clinic Process Improvement activities.
What You Should Know
- This is a benefited 80-100% time, year-round position. During the summers, position will work 50% time.
- WHS provides care Monday through Friday. WHS does not provide weekend, late evenings, or night hours.
- This position does not require on-call hours.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $48.00-$52.00 per hour.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Informed. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Registered Advanced Practice Nurse with State of Colorado upon hire.
- Full prescriptive authority in the state of Colorado upon hire.
- DEA Registration.
- National certification as an Advance Practice Nurse (such as ANCC).
- Current BLS certification.
- Eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the WHS Credentialing and Privileging Department.
- Position requires basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
What You Will Need
- Ability to communicate and relate well with staff and students in an academic environment.
- Willingness and ability to meet demanding work schedules.
- Wiliness to participate in special clinic situations such as travel clinic, walk in, fast track or others.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three years of experience as an Advance Practice Nurse in family practice /primary care.
- Experience with EMR.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 19, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer