Academic Support Intern (Football Academic Support)
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Athletics
Department: Athletics Department - Student Services
Requisition Number: 14188
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 12-Nov-2018
The Athletics Department at CU Boulder now welcomes applications for an Academic Support Intern. This is an intern position to learn academic support operations for a Division I football program. Provides overall academic support to the Mission of the Herbst Academic Center. Assists the Director of Football Academics and Football Academic Coordinators with duties related to the academic success of the football student-athletes, such as class checking and supervising study hall. Helps with transfer credit evaluations of potential junior college transfers.
Who We Are
As one of only 34 U.S. public research institutions in the Association for American Universities (AAU), the University of Colorado Boulder is committed to discovering new knowledge and solving the humanitarian, social and technological challenges of our time. With dynamic research and innovative workspaces, we encourage everyone in the Buff community to push boundaries, explore the unknown and turn new ideas into productive outcomes that change lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Supervise Study Hall
- Supervise football student-athletes assigned to study hall, providing organizational support.
- Confirm students are working on scheduled/required academic objectives and class assignments.
- Compile and provide timely and accurate reports to football academic coordinators.
- Hold students accountable through consistent supervision and reporting.
Preliminary Academic Evaluations
- Complete preliminary academic evaluations of potential junior college transfers.
- Provide appropriate documentation to director of football academics.
- Provide administrative support and document management for football coordinators by following-up with football student-athletes regarding tasks and programs such as textbook orders and returns, summer bridge, academic equipment loans, registration holds, honor code awareness, and appointments.
- Communicate daily with head football coach regarding academic issues with current student-athletes and/or prospects.
- Manage class checking of high-risk football students.
- Prepare and distribute daily class check schedules for football graduate assistants.
- Periodically check classes.
- Report tardiness and absences to football academic coordinators.
What You Should Know
This is a 12 month position.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $22,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Supportive. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This posting will close on November 11, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer