Admissions Decision Release Coordinator (Tech II)
Areas of Intereset: Admissions
Functional Areas: Enrollment Management
Department: Office of Admissions
Requisition Number: 14132
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 12-Nov-2018
The Office of Admissions welcomes applications for a Technician II. This position processes and oversees the admission decision release process used to notify applicants of admission decisions (admit, scholarship, refuse, etc.), or other statuses/information relevant to their recruitment or application for admission. This position oversees the decision release process and makes recommendations regarding all Communication Generation (Comm Gen) procedures and changes to their supervisor and the Associate Director of Data Management & Technology.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Decision Release Lead Worker
- Oversees and executes the posting and communication of admission decisions to approximately 50,000 applicants during the admission cycle using Technolutions Slate (the admissions system).
- Works closely with application reading leads on the Recruitment team to coordinate the decision release process for both large decision release days and on an ongoing/rolling basis.
- Communicates changes to decisions to campus partners as needed.
- Lead worker over student assistants and temporary staff who may assist with daily output and production during peak decision release days for the daily or rolling decision releases.
- In collaboration with the Communication and Marketing team, updates communications as needed in both Technolutions Slate and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Prints admission letters, certificates and other materials and prepares them for mailing.
- Works with the Marketing and Communication team to provide accurate print files to the printing agency on large decision release days.
- Troubleshoots issues pertaining to decisions, scholarships, and appeals.
- Provides feedback to determine quantities of needed materials (letterhead, brochures, etc.) so that the appropriate quantities are ordered and remain in-stock for rolling/daily decision releases.
Scholarship and Merit Award processing
- Responsible for administering the scholarship and merit award assignment process.
- Ensures recipients’ are correctly identified and coded in both Technolutions Slate and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Runs queries to identify changes to applicant records that warrant an update to the scholarship and/or merit awards a student has received.
- Assigns and releases scholarship and merit award notification communication.
- Acts as the liaison between Admission and the Financial Aid office to resolve discrepancies or changes to scholarship awards.
Data Validation and Accuracy
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of all admission decisions and appropriate communications through regular data validation and quality control checks.
- Verifies that admission decisions are efficiently and accurately loaded from Technolutions Slate (the admissions system) and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (university-wide Student Information System).
- Troubleshoots issues and immediately corrects any inaccuracies.
- Understands the underlying components such as, Decision Letter Templates, merge fields (liquid markup/BI Publisher/MS Word), Slate Query Tool, PSQuery (PeopleSoft query), etc. that support the communication generation process.
System and Process Evaluation and Testing
- Continuously evaluate the decision release process and how Technolutions Slate is utilized in support of this process to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Assesses current system functionality, suggests system enhancements, and works with supervisor to implement changes to improve the decision release process.
- Develops and tests new functionality as it is introduced by Technolutions Slate or as requested by management team.
- Test PeopleSoft communications components when new features are released to ensure compatibility with configured templates and processes.
Documentation, Training, Procedures
- Researches, develops and updates procedures and training materials related to the decision release process.
- Works with the Communication and Marketing team to update all decision and business communications before the start of the admissions cycle and to make revisions and updates as needed throughout the cycle.
- Scrubs and standardizes prospective student data in preparation to load into Technolutions Slate and assists in the loading of this data.
- Handles Program (College)/Plan (Major) Changes by updating the student record and, if necessary, produce a new admission decision packet.
- Process Decision and Scholarship Appeals by making relevant changes to the student record and, if necessary, send updated communication to the student.
- Process ad-hoc decision communications and resend requests.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated salary range starts at $35,328.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Ambitious. Be Encouraged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job.
- Two years of college, university or non-correspondence school course work related to the work assignment may substitute for the required experience.
- At the agency's discretion, demonstrated proficiency on position competencies may substitute for the required education and experience, course work related to the work assignment may substitute for the required experience.
- Must be a current Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Microsoft Word and word processing. Proficient with the use of merge fields to conditionally control the display of text within a merged document or has applied the concept of conditional logic in another programming language (i.e., If/Then/Else/Or Statements).
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Strong troubleshooting skills, including the ability to diagnose a problem and provide technically accurate details and workarounds.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a client focused approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-monitor quality control and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once and work effectively under tight deadlines.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working with Technolutions Slate and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions or other comparable student information system software.
- Experience working with relational databases (i.e., SQL Server, Filemaker Pro , PS Query) and query creation.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, BI Publisher, Liquid Markup.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1.A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part-time work.
2.A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3.DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4.If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
5.You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
This posting will close on 11/12.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer