Communication and Marketing Coordinator
Areas of Intereset: Communications/Media/Public Relations/Marketing
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Student Affairs Communications
Requisition Number: 14146
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 13-Nov-2018
The Division of Student Affairs welcomes applications for a Communication and Marketing Coordinator.The Communication and Marketing Coordinator helps manage the Student Affairs social media presence across multiple channels, supporting the business and strategic goals of the division; analyzes and identifies strategies and methods to promote, communicate, and share messaging; organizes content from multiple offices into a strategic communications flow and attends campus events to promote Student Affairs on social channels.
The Communication & Marketing Coordinator ensures that all content is professional, compelling, accurate, audience appropriate and conforms to AP and university branding and style guidelines. This positions requires excellent attention to detail, critical thinking, creativity, and communications skills.
Who We Are
The first priority of Student Affairs is students' development as successful, intellectually curious learners, and as healthy, competent, active citizens of the world. In collaboration with other members of the campus community, the Division provides educational opportunities, resources, and support to help each individual student reach his or her academic and personal goals. Student Affairs encompasses all the basic support services— where students eat, sleep, build community, make friends, and where students can go when they need help—that enhance the classroom experience.
Student Affairs is committed to enhancing student academic success while mitigating obstacles that may impede progress. We create inclusive environments to address student social, emotional, physical, spiritual, professional and academic needs to increase retention, academic progress and graduation rates. We provide programs and services to support student health and wellness, personal and professional goal-setting and progress, social involvement, motivation and academic self-efficacy.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Communication and Marketing
- Coordinate and implement multiple communication and marketing campaigns through a variety of channels including email, social media, digital, print and web platforms.
- Ensure that all media platforms are fully utilized and coordinated with larger division campaigns by working collaboratively with other members of Student Affairs Communication team.
- Create, design, review, and deploy communication tactics for a variety of campaigns.
- Assess communications for effectiveness and engagement.
- Understand the relationship between design, content, and user experience and therefore adapts content as needed for each medium and audience.
- Maintain strong brand identity across all communication and marketing materials.
- Work with departments within the Division of Student Affairs and campus partners to develop and implement materials consistent with strategic initiatives and branding.
- Remain knowledgeable of industry developments to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities including changes in regulations, technology, and best practices.
What You Should Know
- This position may supervise student staff members.
- This position will evaluate and make decisions about communication strategies and tactics. This could include choosing photos and content in the creation of communication materials or choosing channels to distribute messages. Staff in this role need to be able to think about various audiences and ensure that content is appropriate. Typical problems or challenges include meeting deadlines, working with division partners to create content that meets partner needs as well as communication strategy and brand guidelines.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $46,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Innovative. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years of experience creating content for marketing and communications campaigns.
- Experience creating for diverse outlets (web, print, social media) and audiences.
- Experience working with team collaborations in a marketing/communications environment.
What You Will Need
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Knowledge of social media best practices, and experience with social media management tools such as Hootsuite, Social Studio or Sprout Social.
- Experience with social media channel insight tools.
- Basic knowledge of CSS, HTML and/or a content management system, especially Drupal.
- Experience with customer relations management systems.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for campus events.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 13, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer