Digital Strategies Program Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of the Registrar
Digital Strategies Program Specialist
Position #667124 - Requisition 15123
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Office of the Registrar has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Digital Strategies Program Specialist position.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The Office of the Registrar at The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is student-centered and intensely focused on the integrity, accuracy and security of academic records. The person hired as Digital Strategies Program Specialist will share our passion for delivering quality enrollment and support services to our students and our university through collaboration, the integration of technology, and commitment to team. The Office of the Registrar is a leader in the efforts to grow campus enrollment and staff members have the opportunity to be change agents in that effort. We are a welcoming community focused on student success and enhancing our services.
The Digital Strategies Program Specialist partners with Student Affairs departments and other university staff to ensure Student Affairs technology and communication initiatives are met. The position reports to the Director of Digital Strategies and directly supports the needs of that role and technology projects specific to the Student Affairs division. Examples of work performed include, but are not limited to, organization and participation in business meetings to identify needs and gather requirements, implementation and sustainability of business solutions, creation and maintenance of training materials and marketing plans, reporting on system usages, management of websites and web content, stakeholder communication management, representation of Student Affairs on various university committees, and other administrative duties as assigned. This position provides technical and marketing/communications support and direction on the design, development, and implementation of new web sites, digital marketing/communications plans, student success systems and other various communication or technology initiatives that serve CU Denver | Anschutz Student Affairs.
The Digital Strategies Program Specialist actively supports CU Denver's commitment to diversity, ensures compliance with policies on equal opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity, and supports the overall mission, vision, and values of Student Affairs while implementing programs and processes within the assigned work units.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary has been established at $45,000. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, public administration, educational technology, international affairs, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- 1 year of professional level experience in program management or administration.
- 1-2 years' experience in higher education, specifically student affairs.
- 1+ year experience in digital marketing or design including, but not limited to, creation and management of websites, social media, email campaigns, print design, photography and video production.
- Proven examples of planning and managing a variety of projects including preparing and maintaining project reports and communication plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work with multiple units and/or organizations, building relationships, and with highly collaborative projects.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the University community to execute strategic and tactical plans to support Student Affairs department initiatives.
- Maintains open communication with other departments and committees.
- Adaptable to change.
- Self-starter and a quick study with solid managerial, business, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by November 25, 2018. Those who do not apply by November 25, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications, 2. A current CV/resume, 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references). Questions should be directed to: Lindsie Haggerty at [email protected]
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30041 - AVCASA-SA Rg Records/Registra
Posting Date: Nov 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsie Haggerty
Posting Contact Email: Linds[email protected]
Position Number: 00667124