Research Assistant for UCCS Economic Forum
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S. http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
The UCCS Economic Forum is the leading source of unbiased and rigorous information for the Pikes Peak region. Data is continuously updated and actively utilized in the community to inform and drive economic development and business decisions. The Forum also has a consulting arm, which includes contractual work for public and private entities in the region.
This part-time (15 hours/week) Research Assistant collects and analyzes data to support contracts. This position works closely with the Director to design and produce economic publications and marketing materials. The position also assists with various administrative duties such as scheduling meetings and calendar support. Other duties as assigned.
- Collects, analyzes, and organizes data from stakeholders.
- Works with the Director to create a robust, longitudinal evaluation framework or written analysis for the data.
- Assists the Director with creating a product to display the findings (e.g. PowerPoint presentation, infographic, and/or written report, etc.)
Workforce Asset Map (WAM!) support
- Sends emails to stakeholders (e.g. local businesses) to collect data such as the number of open job postings, salaries, and projected job openings for the Colorado Springs region.
- Compiles and analyzes data and posts it to the WAM! website.
- Assists the Director with designing and producing marketing materials used to promote the WAM! workforce tool.
- Assists the Director in scheduling meetings with community professionals and organizations.
- Organizes and files documents.
- Assists the Assistant Data Analyst with planning the annual fall forum.
Publications and marketing Support
- Creates visualizations, infographics, and materials for forum publications and marketing materials (e.g. newspaper articles, TV spots, social media, and other reports).
- Reviews and proof reads forum publications and marketing materials.
- Assists the Assistant Data Analyst with monitoring and updating the forum website and social media presence.
The successful applicant will possess the following competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A strong work ethic with a high level of integrity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to compile data and prepare reports.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (primarily Excel) and other commonly used software programs applicable to business operations.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes.
- Ability to adhere to ethical business practices and promote ethical behavior.
Annual Salary: $14,250.00 - $15,750.00
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and a sex-offender check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
Because this appointment is less than 50%, you will not be eligible to receive all the benefits normally provided to members of the university staff under the standard University of Colorado benefits programs.
- Completed Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least 1 year of full-time equivalent experience with data analytical work (e.g. social science statistics, economic statistics, and other relevant fields).
- Experience with marketing material design and creation.
- Experience with marketing software (e.g. Canva).
- Experience with statistical and economic analysis.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Publisher.
- Experience with social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) in a business setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Complete applications received by 5:00 PM Mountain Time on November 27, 2018 (Tuesday) will receive full consideration. • Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. • The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will not sponsor work visas or permanent resident applications for this position. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. • Appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, to include criminal, and sex-offender checks per campus policy.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:• In your cover letter, please describe (in detail) your professional work experience and how it relates to this position. • If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] • If you have job specific inquiries, please contact the Search Committee Chair (information listed below under Posting Contact).
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40025 - BUS-Administrative Ops
Posting Date: Nov 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rebecca Wilder, Search Committee Chair
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755809