Administrative Assistant II
Applications will be accepted until November 13, 2018.
Candidates are required to submit the following to be considered for this position:
- Resume, with date ranges, whether it was full or part-time, hours per week worked.
- Cover letter, outlining how your skills meet those required for this position.
- Unofficial College/university transcripts must accompany the application for verification.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
What we offer:
The annual salary for this position is $34,068.00 (non-negotiable).
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Nature of Work
Provide office support to the health, mental health, nutrition, and wellness promotion services in the UCCS Wellness Center.
This position is expected to maintain excellent customer service relationships with all campus constituents including faculty, staff, students, families and community members. This position must work collaboratively with all Wellness Center employees.
Examples of Work Performed
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Front desk, which will includes greeting and checking patients/clients in and out, answering phone calls, scheduling
appointments, and answering questions and directing people to the proper resources.
- Collecting payments for services and preparing tickets in electronic medical record system.
- Balancing charges and revenue received with electronic medical records and superbills at the end of each business day.
- Scanning patient documents into electronic medical record system as well as assisting with file maintenance and purging of inactive charts.
- Maintaining current list of office supplies and sending list of needed supplies to the office manager on a weekly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural, integrated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks and be flexible and adaptive in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of and ability to use office electronic calendaring software
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Two (2) years of experience working in a medical office, counseling office, or K-12 school setting
- OR appropriate education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience working with an electronic medical record system
- Experience working in a college health setting
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Part of, if not the entire, comparative analysis process for this position will involve a review of the information you submit in your application materials by Subject Matter Experts. Therefore, it is essential that in the experience portion of your application material, you describe the extent to which you possess the education, experience, and competencies outlined in the job announcement as well as the required and/or preferred qualifications/competencies and pre-screening questions. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions may affect your status and prevent you from being considered in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants. An explanation of your Appeal Rights can be found at https://www.uccs.edu/hr/employment-services/recruitment-search-and-hire/classified-staff.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:Applications submitted by November 13, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers. 1. A current resume. Must include date ranges, whether full time or part time, and hours worked per week. 2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 3. Unofficial College/university transcripts must accompany the application for verification (if applicable in lieu of experience). 4. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40127 - VCSS-AUX-Counseling
Posting Date: Nov 9, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 13, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Christina Bailey
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00400716