Areas of Intereset: Information Technology - Development, Architecture, Enterprise CRM
Functional Areas: Office of Information Technology
Department: Office of Information Technology Administration (OIT)
Requisition Number: 11428
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 15-Jul-2018
Learning Experience Designers are leaders and key contributors on teams that rapidly design, deploy, and evaluate digital education initiatives. Working closely with faculty, schools and colleges, and campus leadership, you will manage large-scale projects and provide expertise in learning, design, technology prototyping, project management, consulting, and assessment of emerging educational innovations.
Who We Are
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
Academic Technology Design Team (ATDT), within OIT, focuses on improving the experience of residential students on the CU Boulder campus.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
In this role, you will locate, develop, design, prototype, and evaluate academic technology solutions to enable strategic school, college, or campus initiatives.
A few of the high points:
- Coordinate and lead emerging digital education pilots and initiatives in partnership with key faculty, school, and college leadership.
- Foster campus communities of practice with an emphasis on strategic partnerships with other campus teaching and learning organizations.
- Lead or contribute to OIT projects to develop teaching and learning services, playing the key roles of instructional designer, subject matter expert, and project manager within a project team.
- Liaise between OIT and key campus faculty and leadership on current and future academic technology trends.
- Participate in development of new services and testing of new technologies.
What You Should Know
This is a two-year appointment and while it may be the case that similar positions become available or that circumstances provide for an extension of the term for this appointment, we do want you to now that for the present, this is a two-year appointment.
What We Can Offer
We offer a market-based, highly competitive salary based upon relevant background and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Impactful. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated understanding of effective pedagogy and uses of academic technologies and collaborative and assessment tools.
What You Will Need
- Ability to navigate an academic environment or equivalently complex organization, especially in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. faculty, administrators, and staff).
- Ability to act as a consultant to faculty and leadership on the use of academic technologies in teaching, research, and creative works.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time management, and presentation skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience participating on project teams and engaging in project planning and creative problem solving.
- Post-secondary teaching experience.
- Ph.D. or substantial progress toward the Ph.D.
- Experience providing academic or instructional technology user support, including instructional and curricular design services.
- Project management knowledge, skills, and training.
- Experience managing and supervising students and graduate students.
- Experience developing and leading research projects and presentations on technology.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer