Special Assistant to the Athletics Director
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The Special Assistant to the Athletics Director provides executive level coordination and support to the Athletics Director and Senior Leadership of the UC Riverside Athletics office, providing high level programmatic and administrative support on a wide range of issues, projects, programs, and on matters of importance to Athletics. Represents Athletics in a professional manner, exercising sound judgement, tact, and the utmost discretion. Manages calendars, assuring the designated individuals are scheduled appropriately, fully briefed and have relevant background materials for each engagement and meeting. Incumbent will also be responsible for travel arrangements, processing purchase and travel request, reimbursements and other routine accounting transactions utilizing on-line financial systems. Assists with planning and execution of special projects assigned. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays, as needed. Priority consideration given to those who apply within two weeks of posting. Please note: Final candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
Solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Advising and counseling skills.
Strong service orientation.
Must be detail oriented and possess effective proofreading and organizational skills.
Advanced skill in using software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and calendaring software.
Knowledge of and experience with Internet search engines for data gathering purposes.
Must be able to take initiative, follow through and prioritize projects.
Ability to make sound judgments, work independently to meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality
Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Demonstrated experience and progressively responsible executive level support.
Experience working with online calendaring systems.
Demonstrated experience with UCR's on-line financial, purchasing and recharge systems.
Knowledge of UCR and skill in analyzing UC policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview