HR & Administrative Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The HR & Administrative Coordinator will report to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) and support a variety of administrative support operations for Information Technology Solutions (the central technology organization at UCR). The position will support human resources related functions and independently perform a full range of responsibilities (assist with recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, compensation actions, employment actions, leaves, etc.). The remaining responsibilities will be a variety of administrative support functions such as organizational travel, STAR Award program management, minor procurement and related tasks. The incumbent will be required to analyze complex problems/issues of diverse scope and recommend solutions as well as work with all levels of the organization. In addition, this individual will work with UCR's central HR divisions and shared service center(s). Additionally, this individual will manage and implement the ITS monthly employee recognition program and "All Hands" meetings, serve as a back-up for the CIO's Executive Assistant, and complete ad-hoc or special projects as assigned by the CFAO. The salary offer will be commensurate with experience within the budgeted range of $70,000 to $80,000.
Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Demonstrated analytical, active listening, and critical thinking skills.
Skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
Thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources.
Knowledge of a human resources management system (HRMS), and/or other related business software programs and systems.
Thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, knowledge of functional area and understands how work may affect other areas.
Working knowledge of campus/university organization.
Working knowledge of UCR HR applications (iRecruit, iReview, Service Link, HRDW, SuperDope, etc.)
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview