DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER
JOB NO.: 96670-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: G SERV/DATA MANAGE & ANALYSIS
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96670-AS
Working Title: Data Warehouse Developer
Official Title: SR DATA BASE ADMINSTR(R82BN) or DATA BASE ADMINSTR(R82DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 07, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $75,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Two (2) + years of experience implementing data warehousing, decision support, and business intelligence solutions. (Minimum 7 years data warehousing experience to be considered at Senior level)
* Two (2) + years of experience with ETL tools, such as Informatica, or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience with other data warehouse data extract methods.
* Two (2) + years of experience with SQL programming and relational database management systems such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or DB2.
* Knowledge of and experience with data warehousing techniques, data modeling, star schema design and implementation.
* Ability to document procedures, processes, guidelines, and data dictionaries for technical and non-technical users.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical users.
* Knowledge of Oracle database management systems principles, techniques and capabilities.
* Experience in designing data models for BI/DW environments employing dimensional modeling techniques and concepts such as star schemas and slowly changing dimensions.
* Experience in higher education environment, especially working with student, employee and financial data.
* Experience with PeopleSoft ERP's (Campus Solutions, HCM, SFS)
* Experience with BI data visualization tools, such as Tableau, data profiling tools/strategies, data virtualization, and/or data migration strategies.
License or certificate:
This position is a member of the InfoAccess Data Warehouse team within the Office of Data Management & Analytics Services. Under general supervision from the Assistant Director, Data Warehousing, the Data Warehouse Developer will participate in the design, development, deployment, documentation, ongoing maintenance and support of enterprise data warehousing and decision support efforts.
This data warehouse effort incorporates data from a variety of source systems to provide data repositories, in support of analytical reporting at the campus, school, and departmental levels as well as operational reporting and ad hoc analysis.
Duties include documenting functional and technical requirements; developing, extending and maintaining dimensionally modeled database schemas; developing, implementing and maintaining extract transform-load (ETL) processes; and ensuring that all developed content meets all standards.
Please note: ODMAS is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button (jobs.wisc.edu, search for job # 96670) to start the application process. Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter outlining relevant qualifications and experience. Pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
Click on the Full Position Details link listed below and then on Position Description to see a full job description and the skills needed for a successful candidate.
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system locks at 11:55 PM CST on the application deadline date. Online submissions that are not COMPLETED by 11:55 PM CST on the deadline date will not be considered.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 9 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 9 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time