8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Under the general supervision of the Manager for Communication and Assessment, and in consultation with the ITS Leadership team, assist in administering the strategic communication plan for Information Technology Solutions (ITS). The primary responsibilities are focused on creating effective marketing and communications in an effort to promote and educate the campus regarding the core services and solutions that Information Technology Solutions provides. This position will draft and tailor content of the highest standards for key stakeholders, the campus community and external audiences. The position will contribute to activities that include content and content calendar development, website maintenance, social media management, event coordination, newsletter development, and other tasks that help Information Technology Solutions achieve strategic communication objectives. The salary offer will be commensurate with experience within the budgeted range of $70,000 to $85,000.
Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
Knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to the target and/or broad general audiences.
Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation and advanced skills to write clear, lively, engaging, compelling and effective copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and the broader public.
Advanced knowledge of appropriate editorial style and publication guidelines.
Knowledge of computer applications for publishing, image handling, and/or web production.
Solid skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short term strategic communications plans.
Knowledge of location protocols and channels for communication internally and externally.
Knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively direct technical staff, or personally perform technical work, including design concepts, various media, and applications.
Current working knowledge of the University of California Riverside campus community.
Knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
Current working knowledge of the Information Technology Solutions (ITS) division of UC Riverside.
Knowledge of the organization, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education and/or health sciences.
Advanced skill in taking initiative to creatively identify and pitch story ideas to senior management and clients.
Working knowledge of marketing and design process.
Knowledge and professional working experience with web design and development.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview