Assistant to the Associate Deans of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
8AM - 5PM
$47,001 - $67,401
Under the supervision of the Deans Executive Assistant, provides executive level administrative and transnational support to the Associate Deans of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Dean's office team. he Assistant brings administrative skills to the Deans Office that include presentation preparation, proofreading and editing documents and performs research as directed. Serves as primary back-up for the Deans Executive Assistant in his/her absence.
Administrative support experience, including strong organizational skills and ability to exercise independent judgement, typically developed through five (5) years of related administrative experience; or Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of administrative experience; or an an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated expertise utilizing Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel. Operational experience with PowerPoint and Internet.
Demonstrated skills in maintaining complex calendars for multiple high-level individuals using web-based calendaring software. Demonstrated skills in creating spreadsheets and reports using appropriate software application.
Expertise prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner under the pressure of deadlines and interruptions.
Demonstrated ability to search for and compile data in a clear, comprehensive format.
Demonstrated skill and experience in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct correspondence and meeting minutes as needed.
Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments with minimal direction and to discern when action of a higher level is required.
Ability to work occasional weekend and/or evening overtime
Demonstrated interpersonal skills to professionally interact with faculty, staff, students and co-workers. Ability to provide information and direction to a diverse population in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Ability to work in an environment that requires a high level of confidentiality.
Administrative experience in an academic environment providing administrative support for staff and/or faculty.
Demonstrated experience with UCR on-line service systems
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview