Director of Infrastructure Operations
8AM - 5PM
$106,000 - $157,400
UCR Information Technology Solutions (ITS) is looking for a Director of Infrastructure Operations to help improve service delivery to campus staff, faculty and students. ITS is in the midst of a huge change in terms of culture and operational maturity and as a member of the ITS leadership team, reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, the successful candidate will have the ability to be on the ground floor and have a tremendous amount of influence over implementing better disaster recovery, process development and our strategy to move IT infrastructure to the cloud. If you have the drive to create something new, and the willingness to be a change agent, this position is for you.
Experienced in leading change management activities and managing their impact across multiple units or departments.
Is able to resolve issues using established parameters and own judgment.
Thorough knowledge of technical concepts and basic operating principles of data communications, computer hardware, vendor IT products, and software.
Ability to understand the process involved to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied products for use within a large and complex technical environment.
Requires the ability to gather, organize, and analyze data in the completion of diverse functional assignments.
Experience in the management of ongoing technology infrastructure acquisition and expansion, to include the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies.
Extensive or advanced knowledge of subject area sufficient for strategic planning, technology assessment and direction.
Requires an in-depth knowledge of the applications programming development function and a broad knowledge of the IT organization.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical topics to large groups with potentially varied levels of technical sophistication.
Uses and applies advanced Information Technology principles, theories, and concepts to manage and provide solutions to more complex and multi-dimensional problems.
Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility.
Familiarity with database administration in an Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server environment.
Familiarity with Windows and Linux systems administration practices.
Deep understanding of current and emerging infrastructure technologies and best practices and how other enterprises are employing them.
Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities that effectively balance the need to continuously exploit capabilities to optimize operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure and operational solutions to enable the business to explore new opportunities.
Deep understanding of industry best practices around business continuity and disaster recovery.
Demonstrated capability of IT project management.
Extensive experience managing technical staff.
Demonstrated capability to manage infrastructure operations in a cloud environment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview