Senior HVAC Technician - Auxiliary
Senior HVAC Technician - Auxiliary
Senior HVAC Technician
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
The Maintenance group within the Auxiliary Maintenance Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Sr. HVAC Technician to join our team.
The division consists of seven Departments: Custodial Services, Grounds Department, Electrical Maintenance, Utilities Maintenance, Structural Maintenance, Construction Services, and Auxiliary Services. For additional information on the Facilities Maintenance department you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/about/maintenance.
The Facilities Maintenance Department supports the academic, research, housing, and dining facility needs for the University of North Texas while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the University's physical assets. The Facilities Maintenance team performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs of the campus buildings and utility infrastructure. Grounds services provides an aesthetically pleasing environment for University faculty, staff, students, and visitors by maintaining all campus turf, landscapes, irrigation system, litter control, solid waste management and recycling. Facilities Maintenance maintains, repairs, constructs, and renovates University facilities and installed systems in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, and in conformance with University policies and standards.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of approximately 38,000 students. UNT is a student-focused Tier One Public Research University with 12 colleges and schools offering 101 bachelors, 82 masters, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 21 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university. Livability.com named Denton the 9th Best College Town in the nation.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior HVAC Technician to join our team.
This position is responsible for performing maintenance and repairs on all equipment associated with the production and distribution of chilled water to buildings on the UNT Denton campuses. This position also performs all other duties assigned, including decorative fountain repairs, building automation troubleshooting, and troubleshooting and/or repair of chilled water end use devices (AHUs). This position is also responsible for maintenance on DX units, walk in coolers and any related control devices. The goal of this position is to provide livable/workable interior space for students, faculty, staff, and research.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, and upgrades all equipment associated with HVAC for building on the UNT Denton Campuses. Systems include but are not limited to: chillers, pumps, cooling towers, DX systems, and a campus wide chilled water distribution loop.
* Inspects HVAC systems and their components (heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilations units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
* Prepares written materials (repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information..
* Recovers and recycles the refrigerants used in air-conditioning and refrigeration systems as per EPA regulations.
* Installs, maintains, repairs, and rectifies problems through the many mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to include electrical motors, compressors, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, thermostats, and switches which comprise heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems as per EPA regulations.
* Keeps records of all refrigerants purchased and used asper EPA regulations.
* May be required to be added to the on call rotation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties or job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of the Department.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High School Diploma/GED equivalent and five years of experience in maintenance/repair or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task; knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance; knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings.
* Ability to use basic shop math applications.
* Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs.
* Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement weather.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting