Manager, Clinical Nurse
Manager, Clinical Nurse
UNTH Cardiology - 345700
The UNTH Cardiology Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Manager, Clinical Nurse to join our team. The Manager, Clinical Nurse will work in partnership with the Directors of Operations and Clinical Services to administer and coordinate all clinical and nursing obligations with the UNT Health Clinical Practice locations.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Ensures compliance with all UNT Health Clinical Practice/HSC policies and procedures.
* Responsible for hiring, discipline, conflict-resolution, and evaluations for clinical staff and associated human resource functions.
* Assists providers and senior management in establishing, implementing, productivity, and performance goals for all employees directly supervised, as requested.
* Clearly communicate with staff daily.
* Nurse management of clinical operations for the assigned UNT Health locations.
* Serves as the key problem-solving and conflict resource for patient, provider, and staff complaints for areas of concern in conjunction with the Directors of Operations and Clinical Services and/or Medical Director.
* Apply evidence-based healthcare practices and nursing standards.
* Review patient and staff data to measure effectiveness of patient care.
* Coordinate department and clinic communication-focused activities, including monthly staff meetings, regular and frequent leadership meetings, including meeting with Directors of Operations and Clinical Services.
* Responsible for the effective oversight of patient flow and management of all patient scheduling and tracking.
* Sets the clinic tone and example for all operational processes.
* Assist with the analysis of financial indicators, billing, reimbursement, and coding, and coordination for the site to ensure that budget is adhered to and revenue is maximized.
* Assist with the UNT Health budget preparation.
* Ensure best practices related to purchasing, and supplies maintenance.
* Understands, develops, tracks, and recommends staffing models.
* Actively lead and participate in both department and clinic redesign activities, to ensure the highest standards of behavior and performance are met, monitor patient care for quality, collaborate with Directors of Operations and Clinical Services, interdisciplinary teams and other stakeholders in order to develop, implement and evaluate programs and services.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the clinic.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, nursing, or other closely related field, active nursing licensure and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement (CPT and ICD10 coding), managed care contracting, quality assurance, utilization management, risk management, and medical regulatory affairs is preferred.
* Experience in ambulatory services administration including supervisory responsibilities is required.
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A valid Texas RN license and a current CPR (BLS) certificate are required.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Work is performed in an office environment but may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, extreme temperatures, confined areas, high places; may also be exposed to extreme noise levels, airborne communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens or bodily fluid, fumes or airborne particles, hazardous material, radiation, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Physical Job Requirements:
Constantly required to hear, talk, walk, use near and far vision, use keyboard, mouse, and other computer equipment; frequently required to sit, stand, discriminate colors, occasionally required to climb, feel (sensing textures and temperatures), use fine motor skills such as gripping and pinching, push and pull, reach, stoop, crouch, kneel, and crawl, taste and smell, lift up to 3 lbs., lift more than 35 lbs.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Manager, Clinical Nurse
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled