Senior Academic & Business Director
Senior Academic & Business Director
Office of the Dean-Pharmacy - 300901
The University of North Texas Health Science Center System College of Pharmacy (UNTHSC-SCP) is inviting applications for a Senior Academic & Business Director.
Located at the UNTHSC campus in Fort Worth, the UNT System College of Pharmacy joined colleges/schools of Osteopathic Medicine, Public Health, Health Professions and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences in 2013. The UNT System College of Pharmacy graduated its first class and received accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) in 2017.
The Senior Academic & Business Director is a key advisor to the Dean of the UNT System College of Pharmacy in all areas involving administration and finance. This position serves as a chief administrative/financial officer for the college. Incumbent will be responsible for a variety of duties required to maintain operational and project budgets and accounting functions. These duties including purchasing, financial planning, annual planning and budget development and their related administrative functions. In addition, this position works collaboratively with Human Resources, Payroll, and service departments within the health science center that provide support to the ongoing business operations of the college. The Senior Academic & Business Director will serve as liaison between the college and the Finance Office in support of all financial activities and goals, and with the Office of Contract Administration in regard to all required agreements.
The College of Pharmacy Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Senior Academic & Business Director to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Serves as a senior financial and administrative officer for the college.
* Participate in and support strategic long-term financial planning efforts to ensure financial resources are available to achieve academic objectives and goals. Prepare projections and business models as needed.
* Oversee all fiscal affairs of the college, including preparation, implementation and management of the operating and capital budgets.
* Oversee allocation of resources to meet college's mission and needs.
* Monitor cash flows and expenditure plans, fund management, and grants and contracts management.
* Develop and maintain monthly financial reports for all accounts of college, including monitoring the financial position against budget on a regular basis and communicate findings to the Dean, VP for Finance and Planning, department chairs, and department administrators. Consult with departmental administrators to clarify information and/or resolve issues associated with fiscal affairs.
* Work closely with the Dean, VP for Finance and Planning, and college's departments to develop principles and strategies for resource allocation and help execute the strategic plan(s) of the respective school.
* Respond to questions from external and internal sources concerning the budget and college's fiscal resource issues.
* Build strong working relationship between the Finance Office and college. Coordinate with the Finance Office and college on all financial activities, including faculty compensation and institutional cost allocations.
* Coordinate with Contract Administration Office regarding all contracts/agreements.
* Assist in developing responses and assuring compliance with external and internal audits, as well as monitoring expenditures in accordance with institutional fiscal policy and state fiscal rules, where applicable.
* Develop and maintain appropriate system of internal controls, as well as college's fiscal policies.
* Conduct and direct special projects.
* Represent college on numerous task forces.
* Supervise staff in college's business office as assigned.
* Work collaboratively with service departments such as Human Resources and Payroll to ensure college's business processes provide timely and efficient response to operational needs of the school.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Healthcare Administration from a four-year college or university and seven years' experience in the same or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Sr Academic & Business Director
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled