SEVIS Records Coordinator
Job ID: 24836
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Int'nl Student &Scholar Servcs
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non-Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,288/month - $4,200/month
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $6,162/month
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of International Student and Scholar Services, and receiving worklead direction from the SEVIS Compliance Coordinator, the SEVIS Records Coordinator maintains institutional record-keeping and compliance procedures in the Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services student exchange visitor information system (SEVIS), a national electronic tracking and monitoring system for international students, scholars and their dependents.
As a Designated School Official (DSO), this position serves as the primary data specialist to coordinate the flow of records and data input in University and SEVIS systems. This position, assists the Director, and provides support to all staff members including International Student Advisors, SEVIS Compliance Coordinator, and Office Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain accurate F-1 international data.
- Provide support to PDSO for I-20 processing and maintaining records.
- Work with other relevant offices to coordinate data collection and transfer.
- Collect data to create reports for tracking and planning international student services.
- Stay current with changing regulations, laws, and world conditions. Act as a reliable source of information related to SEVIS procedures.
- Create immigration documents.
- Work with incoming student registration and document processing.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Experience working with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
- Experience working with USCIS F-1 student regulations
- Database management experience
- Strong written/communication skills (based on application materials)
- Coordination and/or maintenance experience with student records and data
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience updating websites and/or working with Social Media
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of CSU, SJSU, CIES, and ISSS procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of government regulations for student and scholar visas, and University policies to be compliant with US government regulations.
- Knowledge of US government regulations.
- Knowledge of immigration documents.
- Strong working knowledge of word processing/Excel, and database management.
- Understanding and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of International students, scholars, and staff.
- Understand the requirement and sensitivity of SEVIS processing and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in maintaining records in PeopleSoft and SEVIS systems.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and respond flexibly to last minute changes.
- Ability to manipulate data in a spreadsheet or database format.
- Ability to follow detailed directions in creating documents.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
November 9, 2018
Application Screening begins November 26, 2018.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046