Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
GW Facilities Services, Plumbing department is searching for a full-time Senior Plumber. This person will report to the Supervisor, Plumbing. The Plumbing Shop in part of the Facilities Services, Operation and Maintenance department that manage and maintain all academic and administrative building on all three campuses.
The core responsibilities are:
• Installs, maintains, and repairs plumbing fixtures and systems in accordance with District of Columbia Plumbing Code regulations while providing functional supervision to less experienced/specialized trades staff
• Connects and disconnects air, gas, water, vacuum, steam, and waste disposal systems.
• Assigns, inspects, and participates in the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing fixtures and equipment as directed by a Building Maintenance Team Supervisor.
• Insures that work is performed according to District of Columbia Plumbing Code regulations and OSHA codes.
• Estimates material requirements for Building Maintenance Team Supervisor.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
This position does require the incumbent to be flexible and be available for on-call duty and weekend work as needed.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
A Master Plumbing License is desirable.Typical Hiring Range $24.72 - $32.19 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Operations Family Facilities & Campus Ops Sub-Family Plumbing Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday - Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007578 Job Open Date: 08/27/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter