PROGRAM COORD, SENIOR
PROGRAM COORD, SENIOR
EMBA Shared Services
The Senior Program Managers must be able to operate as strong project team leaders, working closely with other Senior Program Managers and Executive MBA Programs team members in a complex and fast-moving environment. The position requires excellent organizational, logistics, and planning skills. Additionally, the position requires strong interpersonal, cross-cultural, and communication skills in order to interact effectively with faculty, students, Executive MBA Programs project teammates, Duke University and Fuqua School offices, and outside vendors. The ability to make independent judgments in situations with high levels of ambiguity is also important. Some Executive MBA program activities are conducted outside of the United States, so international travel may be required. The ability to adapt to diverse cultural conditions is essential. Senior Program Managers represent Duke University and The Fuqua School of Business in all interactions with Executive MBA participants and external constituencies, and thus a person with a high level of professionalism, maturity, confidence, quick decision making skills, and contingency planning experience is essential. Senior Program Managers report to a member of the leadership team within Executive MBA programs, depending upon the specific job assignment.
Tactical Implementation - The Senior Program Manager is primarily responsible for program planning for at least one of Fuqua's Executive MBA programs, while assisting other Senior Program Managers and Directors in the implementation of the portfolio of Executive MBA programs. During times when not assigned to lead a student cohort, staff will perform auxiliary and administrative tasks across all EMBA programs until a program is assigned. The Senior Program Manager is wholly responsible for the tactical implementation of his/her primary assigned programs/responsibilities, along with continuous improvement of program operations.
• Ensure a smooth transition between admitted applicants and matriculation.
• Maintain a physical presence when the students are in residence.
• Monitor the flow of information within the program.
• Manage interactions with meeting planners to ensure all logistics are scheduled appropriately.
• Develop contingency plans for on-site changes and crises.
• Create long- and short-term scheduling plans for the program.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with student leaders. Oversee elections of the student representative positions.
Management of Logistics -- Program operation and logistics activities include, but are not limited to, pre-program communications with the incoming students; design and delivery of a one-week program orientation; coordination of registration for all classes during the program; communications with students via internet-enabled communication technologies; scheduling, planning and implementation of special events (such as graduation); and on-site management of events. In each case, the Senior Program Manager designs and directs the event or activity. Each event requires coordination of internal and external constituents, an assessment of possibilities, a judgment about the best use of resources for educational value, and a continuous improvement analysis.
• Oversee the pre-enrollment communications that provide information and set expectations for incoming students. This requires coordination with admissions, content development, writing/editing instructional materials, etc.
• Work with admissions to oversee accounting and math assessment administration for admitted applicants.
• Design and manage special events including orientation, graduation, and other social events. Requires negotiation with vendors, arrangements with faculty, frequent interaction with providers (JB Duke Hotel, various hotels worldwide, etc.), materials preparation, frequent communication with students, and physical presence during events.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the program, including class scheduling, content procurement, and providing administrative support for students. Consult with faculty, directors and deans to assure all aspects of the student experience are coordinated and running smoothly.
• Work with Fuqua Registrar to ensure accurate and timely registration of students for courses.
• Work with EMBA financial specialist, University Bursar's office, Fuqua Registrar, and Fuqua Accounting office on billing issues. Follow-up as necessary with students who have unpaid bills. Assist in enforcement of school's policy regarding non-payment of tuition and fees.
Program Assignment - A Senior Program Manager's assignment to a specific Executive MBA cohort will vary based upon the ongoing needs of the Fuqua School. A new Senior Program Manager may shadow one of our Assistant Directors and be assigned numerous administrative tasks that will help them better understand the Executive MBA programs, processes and procedures. Typically, a Senior Program Manager will begin working with a student cohort at the time of matriculation and maintain either a primary or secondary assignment with that group through the cohort's graduation. Over time, Senior Program Managers may expect to work with cohorts from either program within Fuqua's Executive MBA portfolio, including the Weekend Executive MBA or Global Executive MBA.
2901 PROGRAM COORD, SENIOR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program. Bachelor's degree or Masters in a business discipline or higher education administration strongly preferred.
- At least three years of experience working in an academic setting with experience in planning and executing initiatives OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience with diverse populations in a business or higher education setting is desired.
- Previous international travel experience is highly desired.
- The successful candidate will be a person with a high level of maturity and confidence.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities in an independent manner is a must.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are foundational in representing The Fuqua School to our constituencies. Likewise, outstanding attention to detail is a critical aspect of the required skill set, given Fuqua's commitment to delivering a world class, end-to-end experience for our students and constituencies
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.