Short-Term Worker - Custodial
Position DescriptionShort-term temporary assignment in custodial at the Rancho Cucamonga and Chino campuses. Responsibilities
- Assisting with general facilities maintenance such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Assisting with restocking soap and paper products, emptying, cleaning, and sanitizing waste containers, and cleaning writing boards, surfaces, trays, and erasers.
- Cleaning restrooms, classrooms, meeting rooms and offices.
- Assisting with furniture and equipment moves and set ups.
- Sweeping walks and entrances; picking up litter.
- Operating equipment such as vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaning machines, hot pressure washers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions, work independently, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Workdays and number of hours per day will vary dependent upon need of the department.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License may be required.
- Ability to pass functional capacity test (physical agility exam) may be required.
- Depending on position, incumbents are routinely exposed to chemicals used in industrial cleaning and pest control; to noise from machines such as vacuum cleaners and carpet shampoo machines; and to unsafe or unsanitary conditions that they are assigned to correct.
- Depending on position, there may be exposure to other chemicals being used in assigned work areas, such as paint fumes from chemistry and other lab areas. There is potential exposure to fire and chemicals used in fire extinguishers and to security problems in isolated buildings.
- Depending on position, may perform strenuous physical work in unfavorable weather conditions, and require work with potentially hazardous chemicals such as pesticides.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources, (909) 652-6528 or (909) 652-6525.