Career-Technical Education (CTE) Student Outreach Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Career-Technical Education (CTE) Student Outreach Specialist Requisition Number SCA00303 General Description
Reporting to the Manager of Recruitment and Outreach, the Career-Technical Education (CTE) Student Outreach Specialist represents the College at local, off-campus outreach events specifically for students taking part in career-technical programs at local high schools and for potential students who have earned some college credit but did not complete a degree. As a member of the Admissions team, this position supports the enrollment goals of the College by attending events targeted to diverse groups of potential students, providing information about earning credit for high school career-technical programs of study and referring prospective students to appropriate College resources. Provides information on CTE programs to prospective students with some college credits to help them re-enroll at the College.
The CTE Student Outreach Specialist is a temporary, grant-funded position.Specific Responsibilities
• Collaborate with local high schools with CTE (Career-Technical Education)/SOAR (Student Occupationally and Academically Ready) programs to inform and encourage students to apply for the credits available to them at the College.
• Develop and implement direct outreach strategies to high schools with CTE/SOAR programs.
• Coordinate visits with high school administration for CTE programs, confirming event details and other logistics as needed to maximize results.
• Act as a resource for students and the school districts in the preparation and submission of necessary CTE/ SOAR (Student Occupationally and Academically Ready) materials to earn credit upon enrollment at the College.
• Provide support to the College’s current CTE students to determine if credits are still available from their SOAR (Student Occupationally and Academically Ready) program, certifications, or via prior learning assessment (PLA).
• Build and maintain a database of current students from Philadelphia school district high schools with CTE programs.
• Contact prospective students to review transcripts for opportunities to transfer in CTE credits and assist students with the necessary paperwork/processes.
• Collaborate with local agencies that support prospective students with some credit but no college degree (“comebackers”), with focus on CTE programs to facilitate students with some credit to enroll at the College.
• Conduct outreach to prospective adult students interested in CTE programs.
• Act as a point-person in Admissions for non-traditional students inquiring about CTE programs.
• Provide accurate and complete information to prospective students and their families concerning the admissions process and related enrollment procedures.
• Communicate with prospective students, both individually and during group presentations.
• Travel to various off-campus events throughout the local area.
• Maintain contact with students throughout the enrollment process.
• Develop and implement strategies to track CTE student information/enrollment on College applications/in College systems.
• Complete required reports and administrative forms, and maintain accurate record keeping of activities and contacts.
• Accurately document meetings with students (prospective and current) and resulting actions from such meetings.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of college admission and enrollment processes required.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
• Understanding of issues related to transferring credit from high school programs for college credit required.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations to a diverse audience required.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with issues and concerns in a positive, confidential and constructive manner required.
• Understanding of student support services (e.g., admissions, enrollment) and student service issues required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and work accurately in a fast paced, multi-tasked, deadline oriented environment required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work/travel independently and establish priorities to achieve required goals and objectives required.
• Ability to carry or pull event materials – up to 45 pounds – is required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends is required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Related experience working with high schools and CTE (Career-Technical Education) programs preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on November 16, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank I Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience Job Posting Open Date 11/02/2018 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Administrator - Temp Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least one (1) years of related work experience within higher education?
- * Do you have experience working with high schools and CTE (Career-Technical Education) programs?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of college admission and enrollment processes?
- * Do you have an understanding of issues related to transferring credit from high school programs for college credit?
- * Do you have an understanding of student support services (e.g. admission, enrollment) and student service issues?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application