z-Adjunct Faculty (Physical Therapy Assistant Program)
College of the Sequoias Community College District is seeking qualified adjunct faculty to teach within its Physical Therapy Assistant Department.
Adjunct faculty assignments may include weekend and/or evening classes at the Visalia Campus, the Hanford Educational Center, or the Tulare College Center.
Adjunct faculty applications which meet the required minimum qualifications are kept on file for one year from the date the application is received.
Adjunct faculty positions are temporary positions and do not accrue rights to tenure.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Under the general direction of a dean or director, adjunct faculty will provide comprehensive classroom instruction to community college students.Qualifications
The candidate must meet the following criteria. The degree must be from an institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or the equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapist professional program or deemed equivalent non-accredited program, or
- An earned post-professional master's degree or doctorate's degree in physical therapy, education, clinical specialty or other related fields of study and
- A minimum of three years' experience as a licensed physical therapist and three years of clinical teaching and/or clinical coordination experience.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- A completed online application;
- A cover letter which states your qualifications for the position;
- A resume;
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hire); and,
- If claiming equivalency, the completed equivalency documents (located at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Equivalency-Policy.aspx ) must be attached.
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (559) 730-3867 or by emailing [email protected].