The position of the ECMO specialist is necessary for the safe, effective and efficient care of the patient on ECMO. ECMO is currently managed in the Cardiovascular ICU only. Registered Nurses in the ECMO Specialist role routinely demonstrate sound clinical judgment, excellence in technical skill and ability to maintain composure and performance under extremely stressful situations and environments. This role will provide monitoring and care of the ECMO patient during transport.
H3080:Critical Care Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Staff must be able to push/pull at least 50lbs. Staff must be able to provide excellent and efficient primary patient care in a transport setting (by ground in an ambulance, rotary aircraft or fixed-wing aircraft).
Must be available to work three 12 hour shifts per week (7 a-7:30pm or 7p-7:30a). Must also be available for some weekends, holidays and to take call.
Critical thinking, attention to detail, flourishes in high pressure situations, able to effectively communicate with multidisciplinary teams.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience in the care of ECMO/ECLS patients strongly preferred. BSN + 1 year critical care preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter