Administrative Support Associate I
The Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA) is seeking an Administrative Support Associate I. OSPA is responsible for administering over $330 million in extramural grants and contracts awarded through the University of Kentucky Research Foundation. Services are available to all University faculty and staff and include: advice and assistance with budget preparation and other administrative requirements of proposals; proposal submission; review, negotiation and acceptance of awards; interpretation and information regarding sponsor policies and regulations; preparation of subcontract documents; administration of UK's Conflict of Interest Policy.
This position will be responsible for assisting Research Project Administrators with administration of sponsored project grants and contracts through data entry that updates SAP Grants Module, answering inquiries from faculty and staff regarding sponsored projects, creating sub-award POs and performing routine clerical functions that support the office.
A successful candidate will have the ability think critically and work collegially in order to successfully resolve questions and issues for faculty, staff, and colleagues; communicate timely and professionally to a diverse range of individuals; the ability to multitask and prioritize; a strong attention to detail; and a willingness to be a lifelong learner.
Founded in 1865 as a land-grant institution adjacent to downtown Lexington, UK is nestled in the scenic heart of the Kentucky Bluegrass. The Office of Sponsored Projects Administration supports the University's commitment to pursuing interdisciplinary research and creative efforts to address challenges and disparities faced by the Commonwealth's citizens.
Administrative Support Associate I
40130:Sponsored Projects Administration
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
sitting for extended periods of time; repetitive motion related to computer work.
Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Excellent customer service skills. Keen attention to detail with strong organizational and problem solving skill.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Do you have SAP experience?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience with the following: multi-line phone duties, complex meeting scheduling, preparing agendas/presentations, taking meeting minutes, general office duties including copying/filing/distribution of documents, maintaining research files and follow up for grant projects, and providing superior customer service.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter