EPMO Senior Project Manager/UKHC
UK HealthCare (UKHC) is seeking an experienced, Project Management (PMP) certified, professional for a Senior Project Manager (PM) position within the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). This position will work closely with various healthcare project teams to manage scope, cost and schedule of projects assigned; ensuring efficient, effective delivery of professional services required to support the UK Healthcare Enterprise. The individual will manage and provide guidance to project
resources on a daily basis, and will work with area leadership to provide a view of not only current status, but also longer-term objectives. The Senior PM will work with diverse project teams and leads across the organization. This role requires frequent interaction, collaboration, planning, and cooperation with senior level UKHC leadership and stakeholders required to develop and deliver projects that meet
Enterprise Business Objectives. This position will operate in a matrixed organization that requires excellent interpersonal skills, persuasion and influencing skills, and the ability to lead large multi-disciplinary teams through significant amount of varied work assignments. The following information represents typical skills and function required to
successfully function in the Senior Project Manager role:
• Develop, monitor, and control detailed Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) that can be used to develop Project Plans, Project Schedules, Resource Plans, Performance Metrics, Project Milestones, and Business Case(s).
• Mentor and/or lead stakeholders and associates in the mastery of project management principles and tools.
• Ensure adherence to established UKHC EPMO project methodologies.
• Align projects with business strategy.
• Develop, monitor, and manage Program/Project budgets.
• Develop, monitor, and manage Resource Plans.
• Develop, edit, and publish documentation relative to Project Delivery and Support of the end solution.
• Develop project briefings, updates, status reports, etc. in a format suitable for briefing senior level UKHC leadership.
EPMO Senior Project Manager/UKHC
EPMO Senior Project Manager
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Project Management Professional(PMP) Certification
The physical conditions of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 25lbs; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing). This position may require less than 10% of job-related travel.
Monday-Friday- 8am-5pm but will also include evenings, nights, and weekends per organizational needs.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of collaborative work, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in MS Office/Project software as well as some experience with ServiceNow project management software. Must excel in
strategic operations & improvement initiatives.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
This position requires a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and 5-8
years of project management experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Master's
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold or are you able to obtain a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification prior to hire?
- * Briefly describe your experience with program or project management.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter