Helpdesk Specialist Lead
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-170
Posting Start Date: 11/9/2018
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $41,677 - $51,928
Helpdesk Specialist Lead
A Helpdesk Specialist Lead is responsible for:
- Assist with entering, assigning, and tracking helpdesk tickets in the system;
- Respond to clients requests for service in a timely manner, research issues and resolve each interaction with customer satisfaction;
- Provide phone support to students, faculty, and staff for technical issues or escalate incidents and service request to the appropriate queues for processing; \
- Provide front-line support for incidents that are Severity I, notify management of the issue and work with all groups in IT to ensure that communication is provided in a timely manner, as well as, updates;
- Enter solutions for all tickets in Dispatch that has been resolved for inclusion in the knowledge base;
- Create Service Desk Reports weekly for the director
- Represent the Director of Client Services by attending specific meetings when the director is absent and providing reports to him/her upon their return to the office.
- An Associate Degree in information technology-related discipline
- 3 years in the information technology field or experience working in a helpdesk environment.
- 5 years working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access at an intermediate to advance level.
- Good communications skills oral and written.
- Certification and or training and experience in at least 2 of the following
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Comp TIA A+ or Comp TIA Network+
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology-related discipline
- 5 years in the information technology field or experience working on a helpdesk
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, at an advance level
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Experience with Remote Control Applications
- Network knowledge and experience with IP Addressing, Domains, Work Groups, Active Directory, and Permissions
- Experience with Mobile Management
- Experience with Hardware Encryption
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.