Project Program Manager
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Location: ASU-Off Campus Other
The position of Program Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of one or more of the programs within Childhood Services. This position reports directly to the Director of Childhood Services. This position is governed by institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise all activities of the Child Care Aware of Northeast Arkansas, Southeast Arkansas, and Lonoke County program.
- Interpret policy directives and develop procedures to carry out the directives. Communicate policy to staff and community. Interpret trends in child care and human services field and communicate to the Child Care Aware Task Force to aid in planning.
- Prepare and oversee the annual program budget, including required reports, supervision, documentation to ensure the fiscal responsibility and accountability of the program.
- Seek out and coordinate opportunities for additional funding and services that align with the mission of Childhood Services and Child Care Aware.
- Supervise all program staff.
- Coordinate community outreach and education activities to promote the interests and welfare of young children, including development and distribution of informational materials and resources.
- Seek out opportunities for partnership with community businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- Coordinate services for families that help them learn more about child development and learning, learn about and access community resources for families, and locate appropriate child care.
- Represent Childhood Services and Child Care Aware at regional, state, and national meetings and on state work groups and committees
- Ensure that the child care provider database is accurate and current.
- Supervise planning, marketing, and implementation of professional development events for early care and education practitioners.
- Prepare and distribute educational materials for early care and education practitioners and for families.
Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Well-developed computer skills are needed in order to maintain the child care database.
Ability to write grant proposals, manage budgets, and supervise the CCA Data Base Program.
Proficiency in working with adult learners, with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a registered trainer in the Arkansas Professional Development Registry.
Ability to connect and communicate with families and practitioners from diverse backgrounds and program types.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
This position will be housed in one of our office locations in the service area of the 20 counties that we serve under the Child Care Aware Program.
• Educational qualifications:
o Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood, child/youth development, family consumer science, or related field.
• Required experience:
o Three (3) years of experience as a supervisor and/or administrator
o Two (2) years of paid experience working with young children
o Registered trainer in the Arkansas Professional Development Registry
• Knowledge of Arkansas Minimum Licensing Requirements
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.