Specialist Series (Open Rank)
Open September 10th, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
The Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) is anticipating Specialist positions to work in the following areas:
- Mathematical and Computational Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Computational Neuroscience
- Cognitive Robotics
- Cognitive Development
- Visual and Auditory Perception
- Data Science
Positions are dependent on available funding of individual Principal Investigators (PIs). For a listing of current faculty and their research interests, please see: http://www.cogsci.uci.edu/people/faculty.php.
- Junior Specialist: Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree, at minimum, by date of employment.
- Assistant Specialist and Associate Specialist: Applicants must possess a Master's or Ph.D. degree by date of employment.
- Specialist: Applicants must possess a Ph.D. degree by date of employment.
All applicants must have applicable training in one or more of the department's disciplines. Prior publication history is desirable. Salary and rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Positions may be full or part time depending on available funding and needs.
Interested candidates can find specific application requirements and the online application at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04923. This is an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be reviewed on a continual basis as positions become available.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.cogsci.uci.edu/employment.php
- Cover Letter - Please specify the faculty member(s) with whom you would like to work, and provide a brief description of your research background.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Describe your area of research interests and include links to your relevant publications (if available).
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now