Administrative Coordinator, Academic Affairs
Job location: Guzman Hall
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-10-08
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Academic Affairs
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports To: Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of General Studies
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for an Administrative Coordinator position. Reporting and providing support to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the Office of Academic Affairs, this position is responsible for scheduling university-wide shared governance meetings and the Dominican Research Collective; collecting and distributing to appropriate committees the Fanjeaux grant applications, student travel grant applications, Institutional Research Board (IRB) applications, and sabbatical applications; co-organizing events such as the University Scholarly and Creative Works Conference and Faculty Development events; and some office management. The latter portion of the duties include scheduling meetings; tending to purchase card, budget, and director’s report matters; organizing travel; and other duties as assigned.
Office of Academic Affairs Support
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Schedule and reserve rooms for university-wide shared governance meetings, the Dominican Research Collective, and other meetings as needed.
- Prepare agendas, record minutes, place catering orders, and reserve rooms for shared governance and other meetings as needed.
- Collect, track, and distribute to appropriate committees the Fanjeaux grant applications, student travel grant applications, Institutional Research Board (IRB) applications, and sabbatical applications.
- Support the VPAA with tasks as part of the Adjunct faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Maintain and update the Faculty Handbook
- Order and maintain stock of office supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs & Dean of General Studies Support
- Manage AVPAA calendar and resolve calendar conflicts.
- Review, process and/or re-route all incoming AVPAA mail.
- Prepare for review and send final correspondence as requested by the AVPAA.
- Reconcile purchasing card statement and receipts for AVPAA; confirm and approve purchasing card statements for AVPAA direct reports on behalf of the AVPAA.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and various reservations for the AVPAA.
- Co-organize events such as the University Scholarly and Creative Works Conference and Faculty Development events.
- Perform routine administrative support duties, including answering telephone and greeting office guests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Five years’ experience in supporting senior administration in a higher ed or business setting
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and treat confidential matters with tact and discretion
- Strong knowledge of basic office protocols and procedures
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to ensure effective management of all office functions
- Exceptional organizational skill and ability to attend to deadlines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively support and serve a diverse population
- Ability to produce work that is consistently thorough and accurate
- Familiarity with campus processes, protocols, and procedures
- Ability to learn new processes with minimal supervision
- Advanced knowledge of Google calendar management and Google document management, including Google drive and Google sites
- Familiarity with the academic enterprise within a university and demonstrated knowledge of key issues, concepts, trends, and policies in higher education
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by October 31st, 2018; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact [email protected]
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.