Postdoctoral Scholar - Xu Laboratory
Open date: November 8th, 2018
Next review date: January 7th, 2019
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: June 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
One or two postdoctoral scholar positions will be available in the laboratory of Dr. Xiangmin Xu in the School of Medicine at the University of California, Irvine (UCI). The research of Dr. Xu's laboratory is focused on neural circuitry, which applies to understanding the neurobiology of visual perception, learning and memory, and stress. We use combined approaches of electrophysiology, molecular genetics, photostimulation and optical imaging, genetically modified viral tracing, and behavioral measurements to address neural circuit mechanisms. Our research is supported by multiple NIH grants, including a recent BRAIN Initiative award.
The Xu lab and the UCI have excellent environments. The candidate will have opportunities to design their own research program, mentor others, and present at international conferences, with the goal of developing him/her as an independent scientist. We have formed active collaborations with other successful investigators located in major research institutions in Southern California and other regions. The Irvine area offers theater, comedy clubs, night life, art museums and many and varied restaurants. Within short driving distances, this area offers surfing, skiing, fishing, and hiking.
Requirements: The candidate should have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, with strong experimental training in molecular, cellular or systems neuroscience. Candidates who are experienced in neuroanatomical tracing, in vivo calcium imaging, slice electrophysiology or behavioral studies would be encouraged.
To apply, please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at:
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- Research Statement
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
More information about this recruitment: http://xulab.anat.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now