Position Number 998727
Functional Title Research Associate
Position Type Research
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) is accepting applications for a research associate. The appointment is for one year, with renewal dependent on performance. We are seeking a candidate with extensive inorganic, organic, or organometallic chemistry experience to support a growing R&D program in medicinal inorganic chemistry. Expertise in spectroscopic techniques (generally, UV/Vis and Fluorescence) and analysis is also strongly desired. Successful candidates must be willing and able to work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists to design, synthesize, and test families of compounds with biological activity. The project requires synthetic expertise, along with the associated analytical skills required for compound structural characterization (NMR, IR, UV-Vis, HPLC, X-ray, Mass Spec, etc.). The candidate will be expected to link structure with experimental activity data to develop structure-activity relationships (SAR) to drive an iterative research process towards the development of highly potent agents. Findings will be published in peer-reviewed publications.
- Masters or Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, or a closely related field
- Experience with multi-step synthesis and characterization by 1D and 2D NMR, mass spec, HPLC
- Expertise in heterocyclic synthesis, experience with air-sensitive experimental manipulations, mechanistic studies, microwave synthesis, inorganic synthesis, and characterization of organometallic or coordination compounds
- Ability to communicate scientific results effectively, both written and oral.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, or a closely related field
- Expertise in spectroscopic techniques, including UV/Vis and fluorescence; electrochemical characterization; photochemistry and photophysics
- Experience in screening, data analysis, kinetic and mechanistic studies
- Strong publication record
- Excellent communications skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted here.
Applicants should upload (as PDF files) a curriculum vita, publications and arrange for three letters of recommendations to be sent.Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
Any questions regarding the job posting can be addressed to Dr. Sherri McFarland at [email protected]
Recruitment Range Salary based on experience
Org #-Department Chemistry & Biochemistry - 12205
Job Open Date 08/15/2018
For Best Consideration Date 08/29/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Time Limited
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Other Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu