HR Business Manager
Requisition Number STA - 201000000679
Job Title HR Business Manager
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of HR Business Manager. The University of North Texas System (UNTS) is a dynamic, growing university system serving primarily the North Texas region. The System campuses include the University of North Texas (UNT) Denton campus, the state's fourth largest university with more than 38,000 students; the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, with 2,362 students; and the UNT at Dallas campus with 3,500 students.
This position provides leadership and strategic project evaluation in the area of Human Resource services and programs. Functions with considerable independence on both routine matters and complex problems and projects.
This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation of resource planning and allocation practice, and assisting with all aspects of the budget process and budget management. Provides supervision over HR Business Coordinator & Sr. Administrative Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Manages Human Resources Budget - $7.0M approximately.
- Maintains vendor relationships and contracts for HR Campuses.
- Implements budget controls and supervise maintenance of approved adjustments.
- Oversees HR project plans and schedules to ensure timely completion.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement of HR programs, policies, procedures and systems.
- Oversees the annual System Service Awards, Recognition Events, Chancellor's System Holiday Luncheon, and various Human Resources Events.
- Works closely with System Administration leadership and employees to improve employee engagement.
- Manages purchasing and requisitions for System Human Resources.
- Responsible for evaluation and execution of HRM's and ePars within System Human Resources.
- Acts as a liaison between System HR and other Shared Services.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and supervision to HR Business Coordinator & Sr. Administrative Co.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance and 3 years of budget and project experience; or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand the big picture, quickly assess issues and determine a course of action in collaboration with others.
- Knowledge of accounting/state budgets.
- Ability to keep accurate records, assemble and organize complex data, and to prepare and submit reports in multiple formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in building and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of HR policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrates flexibility as well as a strong commitment to building and sustaining relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft and Adobe Acrobat.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- Cover Letter