Adjunct Faculty – Electrical, Computer & Mechanical Engineering
Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-10-30
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Adjunct Faculty – Electrical, Computer & Mechanical Engineering Job Description Summary SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Adjunct Professor for face-to-face, part-time instruction in the following courses:
oComputer Engineering – Digital Logic Design, Embedded System Design, Machine Intelligence
oElectrical Engineering – Control, Renewable Energy, Electrodynamics
oMechanical Engineering – Solid Mechanics, Thermal Sciences, Fluid Mechanics, ME Topics Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and skills relevant to face-to-face course development and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching and industry experience preferred.
- At least a master’s degree with 18 credit hours in teaching discipline from an accredited institution.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary will be commensurate with years of teaching experience:
· 1-5 years: $5000 per 3-credit course
· 6-10 years: $5500 per 3-credit course
· 10+ years: $6000 per 3-credit course
· Labs and 4 credit courses pay at a different rate
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
• Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
• Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
• Letter of Application
• Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
• List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
• Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.