Senior Associate Director of Athletics
Job ID: 43994
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Associate Director reports directly to the Associate VP for Finance & Administration and serves as a member of the Athletic Director's executive team, providing leadership and oversight for the Athletics Department budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, and information technology functions. This position directs the Business Office full and part-time staff. The major duties include interpreting and ensuring compliance with university, state, federal and NCAA rules and regulations; preparing budgetary and financial reports and forecast; overseeing financial and operational audits; and providing support to the Athletic Board Finance Committee.
• Master's degree and four years of experience related to budget, finance and/or accounting or a Bachelor's degree and six years of related experience.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate self and others.
• Experience conducting complex financial and budgetary analyses.
• Experience in personnel management to include hiring, supervising, and counseling.
• Experience in interpreting policies and procedures and applying them to complex and unique situations.
• Organizational skills to set goals, prioritize assignments, monitor performance, and exceed set deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with experience creating and delivering presentations to small and large diverse groups.
• Ability to develop innovative approaches, techniques and procedures to provide more efficient services.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to anticipate future outcomes of proposed actions and recommend changes as required.
• Ability to use professional judgment in situations for which there are no established criteria or standards or where answers to problems are not readily apparent and initiate actions and solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities at the same time.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Certified Public Accountant, with relevant experience working in a NCAA Division I athletic program
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University - with the Carnegie Foundation's highest designation, Doctoral/Research University-Extensive - offers a distinctive academic environment built on its cherished values and unique heritage, welcoming campus on the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida, championship athletics, and prime location in the heart of the state capital. The University's 16 colleges offer more than 275 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, professional and specialist degree programs, including medicine and law, covering a broad array of disciplines critical to society today. Each year the University awards over 2,000 graduate and professional degrees. Florida State's 40,000 students are dedicated to academic excellence and providing leadership in our complex world.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated Salary: $120K-$140K, based upon experience.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
This position requires annual Financial Disclosure based on Florida Statutes 112.3144 and 112.3145. Additional information regarding Financial Disclosure requirements can be found on the Florida Commission of Ethics site at: http://www.ethics.state.fl.us/FinancialDisclosure/Index.aspx
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf