Quality Assurance Analyst
7 Columbia Circle Albany, NY 12203
Closing Date: November 28, 2018
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will participate in the development, establishment and upkeep of quality assurance standards and measures for information technology services. The candidate is responsible for the gathering and analyzing business requirements and systems requirements, then effectively creating test plans and scripts for the purposes of identifying defects prior to production. The QA Analyst is also responsible for the tracking defects and fixes in the production process. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to validate IT processes to maximize the business benefit of IT initiatives.
• Participate in the development and establishment quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product life cycles.
• Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
• Create, execute and analyze test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
• Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
• Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
• Collaborate with other software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
• Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
• Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
• Attend committee meetings as necessary.
• Attend professional development and training courses as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information atjobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: