Administrative Services Assistant 3, UCP 4
Job Title: Administrative Services Assistant 3, UCP 4
Job ID: 2019168
Location: Storrs Campus
This position is a core member of the UConn Recreation Administrative Leadership Team assisting in a multitude of administrative and programmatic functions. The focus of the position is on responsible administrative support but also requires some degree or experience based knowledge of collegiate recreation or related field. It requires the ability to exercise regularly independent judgment within known practice and to resolve problems of administrative detail and procedures; in addition, it requires the ability to provide entry-level program support.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, assist in managing a number of administrative functions and providing programmatic support within the overall operations of UConn Recreation. In this capacity, the incumbent maintains authority for independent actions within scope of duties and departmental policy, resolves problems, and supervises assigned student administrative personnel.
UConn is consistently ranked the top public university in New England by U.S. News and World Report and among the best in the nation. With a total undergraduate enrollment of 19,241 and 70% living on-campus, UConn is a vibrant, diverse and exciting community. UConn Recreation is an integral department within the Division of Student Affairs, and with over 650,000 annual participations, plays an essential role on campus enhancing student wellness and success. This position will be a cornerstone during a period of dynamic growth as UConn Recreation opens a new 200,000 square foot, $100 million recreation center in the summer of 2019.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform office management duties; direct the workflow and supervise the processing of administrative and personnel paperwork, including annual performance evaluations, compliance of required University trainings, and achievement and/or maintenance of required job specific certifications. Reviews paperwork for accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support to the department's Leadership Team (5 FTE's) with the implementation of their oversite areas including; program assessment, program review, risk management, and program data collection.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates administrative student support staff who will maintain the operations of the administrative information center; determines work assignments and work schedules to accommodate priority needs (18 hours daily/7 days per week operation).
- Transmits authoritative information and serve as a resource to students, staff and others regarding designated policies and procedures governing the department.
- Within established practice, handle administrative matters for Executive Director, including correspondence, requisitions, vouchers and other standard forms and makes decisions in supervisor's absence.
- Provides administrative support for all Human Resources matters related to professional staff including administrative support for professional searches, monitors and reviews personnel actions for accuracy and compliance with appropriate policies and procedures and resolves related problems as they arise. Additionally, prepare contract materials for special payroll agreements.
- Independently compose, prepare and/or edit standard correspondence and reports containing information that requires thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and data sources specifically related to requests for facility usage (events, programs, and services) for both internal and external constituents.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the Leadership Team; screen incoming mail and telephone calls; make referrals as appropriate.
- Responsible for making all necessary arrangements for department meetings, conferences and travel for all staff.
- Arrange for and implement, as directed, conferences, seminars, committee meetings, assisting as required.
- May represent supervisor to other University offices, the public or outside organizations to gather or transmit information that affects the operations of the department/unit.
- Review administrative and internal operation procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and recommend improvements; establish procedures to implement operational and/or fiscal policies.
- Devise, modify and/or supervise the maintenance of complex filing and record keeping systems, which may be automated.
- Maintain a collection of resource materials and program information for students, other University offices, the public, donors or outside stakeholders.
- As needed and assigned, is responsible for short term or ongoing projects that require planning, coordination, and supervision.
- Additional duties as requested
- Bachelor's degree
- Four to eight years of documented experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively with Department, Division, and University staff.
- Ability to resolve administrative problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Experience working in Collegiate Recreation or related field.
- Experience working with Kuali Financial management system.
- Experience and knowledge of policies and procedures of Human Resources.
- Experience working and operational knowledge of Recreation specific software including, Fusion and SubitUp.
Position offers salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health care and retirement. Position is a nonexempt UCPEA 4 position.
Applications must be submitted online using UConn jobs, (www.jobs.uconn.edu), Staff Positions (reference search #2019168) candidates must submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. We encourage applications from under-represented groups, including minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019168)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 23, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.