The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) Team has an immediate opening for an Application Support Specialist on the Coral Gables Campus.
This position is responsible for the data integrity and maintenance of the Workday application; HR, payroll, timekeeping, P2P, accounting, etc. This position will assist in the testing of system upgrades and other technical projects as assigned. Provide information to users on new processes/functionality.
It is essential to the department offers the highest reliability and performance possible. The Application Support Specialist is challenged to assist the enterprise in maintaining, and troubleshooting the business services solutions that are or could be implemented.
Essential Position Functions:
Serve as first point of contact and subject matter expert on system to respond to end-users’ questions and inquiries. Provide quality customer service support in a prompt, courteous, and timely manner by performing follow-up investigation and communicating the resolutions either verbally or in writing. Use discretion and judgment to organize and perform the requested services promptly and efficiently.
• Serves as first point of contact and subject matter expert for Workday to respond to end-users’ questions and inquiries.
• Serves as a technical point of contact and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes for process improvement opportunities.
• Assigns role-based security role in Workday.
• Creates, change, or inactivates a Supervisory Organizations, Cost Centers, etc. in Workday.
• Runs and reviews discrepancy reports and updates in WD accordingly.
• Perform continuous data audits to ensure highest level of data integrity exists; establish data format standards and apply throughout systems.
• Conducts testing in Workday tenants for user support issues, new WD releases, etc.
• Security Configuration – Security Role Assignments and Reassignments.
• Collaborate with Change Management Team identifying areas for additional training based on user inquiries.
• Collaborate with configurations team to research, identify and validate issue resolutions.
• Educates users on how to initiate specific business processes based on their security role to accomplish the desired business objective.
• Works on HRIS and Finance related projects as assigned by supervisor.
• Verify and validate system entries for completeness and accuracy; investigate and resolve irregular data.
• Troubleshoot data issues and errors, provide analysis of situation and resolve in timely manner. Inquire and probe to clarify areas of data inconsistency, errors and differences.
• Participate in HR/Finance process initiatives and make recommendations for improvements.
• Audit and analyze data for completeness and accuracy.
• Responds and resolves to all incidents received.
• Adhere to departmental procedures and policies to ensure proper handling and timely escalation of end-user issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, HR or related field.
• One year of relevant work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve discrepancies and errors.
• Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information where discretion is essential.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office for reporting, analysis and communication.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a friendly and professional approach to customer service.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and ensure key players are involved when necessary.
The Application Support Specialist serves as a liaison to Workday for the Human Resources and Finance teams and works closely and collaboratively with other support staff.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>