Assistant Football Sports Performance Coach
Assistant Football Sports Performance Coach
Job Number: 81117
Job Title: Assistant Football Sports Performance Coach
Reports to: Director of Sports Performance
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) supports the nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on the 36 intercollegiate athletic teams sponsored by the university. It also supports the campus physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Stanford's intercollegiate athletics department is seen as the premier athletic program in the country, as evidenced by an unprecedented sweep of both the men's and women's Capital One Cups and the 24th straight year in which we brought home the Learfield Director's Cup. We are equally proud that our teams achieve the highest levels of success both in the classroom and on the field.
The core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way” are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively. All department actions and employees are guided by these principles.
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, Stanford, CA, a NCAA Division I FBS member of the PAC-12 Conference is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Football Sports Performance Coach. This is a 12-month full time appointment with salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; the development and implementation of athletic performance enhancement programs for sport responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance. The successful candidate will possess at least a Master's Degree in exercise science, kinesiology or related field and at least four years of experience in sports performance at the Division I FBS, professional, Olympic, or High School level. In addition, the successful candidate must be proficient in the application of sport science technologies as they pertain to athlete tracking and return to participation/play protocols. Lastly, the candidate must also possess strong organizational and communication skills, and working knowledge of basic spreadsheet and word processing programs.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provide a high-level of service delivery, including but not limited to the development of athletic performance enhancement programs as it related to injury prevention, and performance enhancement (strength development, power development, quadrennial planning, recovery, sport science, etc.).
- Provide effective written and oral communication between student athletes, coaches, staff, administrators, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Sports Performance Staff and relevant Athletic Department personnel.
- Collaborate frequently with licensed Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers regarding the rehabilitation progress and return to participation/play planning of injured student athletes.
- Mentor Sports Performance Paid Intern Assistants and Volunteer Assistants.
- Provide leadership in administrative areas, as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance.
- Maintain a safe training environment for the Stanford student-athlete.
- Maintain a high-level of professional communication between sport coaching staff, athletic trainer, physical therapists, physicians, sports dietician and sports psychologist.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures as identified by the Department of Athletics, Stanford Sports Performance and the NCAA.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Sports Performance.
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Current CSCS, CSCCa, CES, PES, or FMS certification(s)
- Master's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field required.
- Minimum four years of professional coaching experience in the field of sports performance or sports science.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
Job Code: 1417
Location: Athletics, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency