Oracle PeopleSoft Applications DBA
Oracle PeopleSoft Applications DBA
Job Number: 81112
Job Code: 4762
Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager of Student & HR Systems in Stanford University IT (UIT), this position provides critical PeopleSoft applications and database administration support of enterprise business systems for Stanford University. A successful candidate will have good experience in the installation, upgrade and maintenance of PeopleSoft production and development infrastructure environments. Candidate must have PeopleSoft Administration as well as database administration experience.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain highly available PeopleSoft PIA, web, application servers and databases.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have solid PeopleSoft Administration experience.
- Hardworking, quick learner with can-do attitude and aptitude.
- Team player and work with multi-functional teams
- Current PeopleSoft and Oracle DBA skills(Oracle 12c or higher).
- Experienced with recent PeopleSoft and PeopleTools 8.54+ patching and upgrade
- Experienced on Middleware technology with Tuxedo 11g and 12c, Apache, Tomcat and fusion middleware.
- PeopleSoft Cloud deployments using DPK
- UNIX Shell. WLST/Shell scripting, SQL scripting automation is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the support requirements of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows systems platform.
- Oracle Apex administration is a plus.
- Good experience in shell programming environments.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team member.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors and system service providers, provide administration for system solutions, and act as a liaison.
- Extensive experience with database security protocol.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, configuring Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat and Oracle technologies
- Proven experience in Apache and Weblogic servers. SSL certificate management - PKI, CSR, keytool, key creation via openssl and weblogic keystore management
- Setup and management of Oracle data guard. GC, MySQL and or MongoDB experience is a plus.
- Skilled in installation/setup and management of highly available application clustered environment.
- Cloud implementation experience is a plus.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, scheduled to open in 2019, will be the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University's mission. The campus will offer amenities such a onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. Please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency