Instructor, Building and Construction Technology - Plumbing
Posting Number 18S3H10307
Position Title Instructor, Building and Construction Technology - Plumbing
Position Type Exempt – General Funded
Department Community Campus
Salary C41/4 $49,078 Note: Compensation (salary/hourly rates) are reviewed by the Board of Governors annually and are subject to change.
Salary Breakdown Annually
Close Date Open Until Filled, with first review date of 10/15/2018
PCC is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice. The College values and celebrates our talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are intentional about social justice, specifically, the active engagement toward equity and inclusion that addresses issues of institutional, structural, and environmental inequity, power and privilege. See our Diversity website for additional information about our commitment.
Provides instruction to adult learners via lecture/lab and alternative delivery methods in Building and Construction Technology (BCT) to students enrolled through the Arizona State Prison Complex (ASPC). These courses are designed to be delivered in an open/entry, open/exit method. This position is primarily as a Plumbing instructor.
Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
Job Announcement will remain open until filled. The first review of applications will be October 15, 2018. Please Note: Applications received after the committee review process is completed may not be reviewed. It is recommended interested applicants submit their materials by the established first review deadline.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach construction technology to students in a correctional facility
• Conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of Pima Community College and within the scope of the construction technology program to include:
• Plumbing electrical
• Construction technology curriculum review and course modifications
• Review and develop modifications in the construction technology course curriculum
• Provide assistance and instruction to students on academic matters, technical and vocational programs, and special equipment
• Assess student skills and develop appropriate vocational study plans
• Apply and observe appropriate security rules and policies
• Complete a regular inventory of tools and supplies
• Master's degree in the field of study
• Master's degree in any discipline and 18 graduate semester hours in the field of study
• Bachelor's degree in the field of study
• Bachelor's degree in any field and 3 years of work experience in the field
• Associate's degree in any field and 5 years of work experience in the field
• 64 semester credit hours in the field of study and 5 years of work experience in the field
• Industry-recognized certification in the field of study and 5 years of work experience in the field
• License in the field of study and 5 years of work experience in the field
• Fields of study (disciplines/subfields) are: industrial technology; building trades; other closely related field
Successful completion of a clear criminal background check
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Principles and practices of teaching and instruction specific to a vocational program
• Curriculum development, planning, and updating
• Student assessment and placement related to vocational instruction
• Practices and principles of teaching individuals who are at different competency levels
• Evaluation and selection of vocational materials and equipment
• Budgeting procedures and techniques
• Record keeping and inventory
• Supervisory techniques
• Clear, concise oral and written communication
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
• Directions for Applying and Other Important Information
In order to apply for a position, applicants must submit an application and include the required documents listed for the position. See below for information about documents:
• Resume should be up-to-date and account for and describe all gaps in employment
• Letter of interest or cover letter should not exceed two pages, and should describe your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, as well as the strengths you would bring to the assignment. Cover letters/letters of interest are not required to be addressed to a specific person or persons.
To apply, visit: https://pima.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=172
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please call Human Resources at (520) 206-4624 or [email protected]. Human Resources hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To request a reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, please contact http://www.pima.edu/pima-jobs/contact-us.html
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency